1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft plans on banning when Halo 3 beta

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by fgamer, May 9, 2007.

1. fgamer

fgamer Guest

It's been said that Microsoft is collecting alot of data right now for those with copied games and will ban on or around the Halo 3 beta. Why? Because they know theirs a possibility that alot of modders made a copy of Crackdown that contains the Halo 3 beta. It's believed that Microsoft will start using the new detection features around that date which explains why some may have had no issues with their current old hacked firmwares as of yet. Microsoft is known for not banning imediately and then doing a mass banning, so everyone must be very cautious.

2. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

Possibilty?? They should be very sure of it, online Crackdown was quite rampant before the release.

If they want to teach us modders a lesson, they would wait and ban people after Halo 3 releases, that would force more people to just say f#ck it and buy a whole new console, the Elite most likely. If they start banning now, people will wait until the modders create another firmware hack before going online and it will definitely be created by the time Halo 3 releases.

What is your source anyway?

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

You should have phrased that differently. It's not being said... it's being suggested. A quote from GaryOPA posted on XBS:

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  4. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Incorrecto, I phrased it perfectly fine, "its been said" meaning someone said it, doesn't necessarily mean it's going to become fact. That's when you need to decide weather it holds plausible value. So don't try to correct me if your incorrect yourself.

5. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

I don't mean to be an ass, but you need an apostrophe and a "re" after your.

Just kidding. I wonder if MS will ever ban the firmware. I mean, they're not really losing out themselves, are they? People still pay for live and buy their consoles; and there is an added incentive for potential customers as a lot of people have told me they want to buy one because they know it can be modded.

6. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

all speculations...

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Explain how I'm "incorreto", as you phrase it. Did I dispute the facts you posted? No, I backed them up.

I simply said you should have worded it a little differently. You're a member here, not a noob, so I'm sure you've seen how quickly issues spin out of control here in the forums when statements are written out to appear as facts.

Seeing how you didn't bother to post any links to help support what you had stated I went ahead and did it for you.

8. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Well if issues spin out of control from something someone says that's not my problem now is it? Maybe you should just read and stop trying to go into the forums just to play mister perfect and be a spell checker or whatever your'RE trying to be. People have something called discretion and if your too incompetent to use it when you read something then you have serious problems. I just spoke up on something that I thought was very interesting, and thought it would be a good subject of discussion. It looks to me like your the reason "issues spin out of control".

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

What's with the attitude and what the hell do you mean by mister perfect and spell checker???

I backed up what you posted with a quote so no one would rag on you and here you are ragging on me...

Try to help some people and this is what I get...

10. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

im pretty sure microsoft is not going to ignore modded consoles!

11. lcex

lcex Member

b.s. source... stop worrying ... look at this recent update... everyone was going crazy.. now look!!! Are you trying to create another panic lol.

12. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

you dont need to tell a senior member who is right and who is wrong, you are wrong, its being suggested that they will. did microsoft say they were going to? do you have proof of them saying that? then no, someone is suggesting that they are going to do that.

not wise to insult people.

2 things, you're the one that keeps going on about it and its you're not your

:)

13. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Really, it's a feasible possibility that MS may collect data. And I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a b.s. source. It was suggested by GaryOPA... he's the one who created the Hitachi firmware.

So... I don't know... I guess time will tell.

14. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

wow ur uninformed

do you know what happened with the original xbox? how the ban went down? im not even gonna bother telling you go google it them you will know why so many people and panicking!

sorry if that sound to aggressive its just that everyone is going around celebrating their success but not waiting to see if they really survived the week...

15. fgamer

fgamer Guest

By the way you forgot to capitalize "you" in your sentence, "you dont need to tell a senior member who is right and who is wrong".

Once again you forgot to capitalize "not" in your sentence, "not wise to insult people".

Lastly, you used the number "2" it should've been "two" in your so called sentence, "2 things, you're the one that keeps going on about it and its you're not your". Looks like you shouldn't be trying to correct people yourself.

16. Bunny236

Bunny236 Member

even though this might not be true, its probably very likely at some point MS will start banning for firmware/modded consoles on live. only thing is if you wanna keep playing games for really cheap you just stay off live..

17. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

would upgrading to the new 5.3 fw stop them from banning me? or is it to late, because i have been on live with my old fw after the update?i have a copy of crackdown and was going to play the beta but i dont want to get banned

18. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

Yep, stay off live, looks like I'll be staying off for while until I see a lot of people playing the beta unbanned. The sneaky thing might be that they have already collected the data and will ban people on a certain day when they are not even on live...just collect the gamertags for a few months and hit the kill switch on judgement day...maybe when beta comes out or on Halo 3 release day. Bottom line is you just gotta be cautious and try not to be the guinea pig who catches the first ban.

19. steimy

steimy Active member

Ok people. Back on track before this becomes a complete flame fest. Do you know what it is like trying to read through a post (where you are actually looking for information) where every other post is one member insulting another?

So the the dash update that worried so many people is not "yet" causing any problems. And the Halo 3 beta is on the way in just a few short days. So, will they ban you, how will they ban you, what exactly will MS do? all questions that people would love an answer to i am sure. Fact is that no one knows or will know until it happens to someone in a community like this who can post up about it. But you can be fairly sure that it WILL happen. It happened with the original Xbox (although softmodders found a way around it), and it will surely happen with the 360 when MS is good and ready. It would be nice to have options like you did with the original Xbox (Xlink Kai or XBconnect) but with the 360 games having the built in ping timer giving those companies fits even those are not an option with the 360. So you are down to this.
    1. risk it and play on Live hoping that banning you from live will be the only step MS takes (remember that in the past they did have the ability to completely brick your console).
    2. Unplug the ethernet cord and just stay off Live and have no risk at all to your system at least. Like stated above banning your gamer tag would still be possible. Not like you could not just spend the $40 and make a new one though.

If MS wanted to it should be pretty easy for then to make a program that can scan you drive for the firmware and see if it is using the original. There are only a few drives and models out there so it really narrows down the search parameters. Plus, look how easy it is to do on your PC drive. You can look up your firmware version in just a few easy clicks. So unless the new firmware reports the same version and name as the original then they could tell quite easily.

So write up your theories and thoughts. And no reason to insult peopole if you disagree because right now EVERYTHING is just a theory. No one is right or wrong because no one really knows anything solid.

20. malinki

malinki Regular member

I wonder myself what will happen playing off of real xbox discs?

I bought crackdown before flashing my drive just for the halo3 beta but as my drive now has an "alternative firmware" installed I wonder how this may effect my "disc jitter" result check.....

Hopefully originals will be fine and read as they should be