1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

microsoft visual c++runtime library fault with nero7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by lamboman, Oct 29, 2006.

1. lamboman

lamboman Guest

i'm stumped about what the problem i have is and how i can fix it
    nero has been working correctly up until today (but i have not used nero for a couple of weeks )today i tried to copy a music disc that is a back up i did a couple of month back
    i first start with nero start smart then select cd and then select audio and then cd copy then the program loads up everything is ok
    then select burn and then the small window opens up with the heading microsoft visual c++ runtime libuary
    buffer overrun detected
    program c:\programfiles\nero\nero7\core\nero.exe
    a buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the programs internal state. the program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated
    any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated

cheers
    andrew

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi lamboman
    Here's some suggestions - it sounds like Nero has become corrupt.

Uninstall Nero (write down your serial #) and run the clean tool . Reboot.

Do a virus and spyware scan.

Run a good registry cleaner like ccleaner. Use the cleaner & issues options.

Now reinstall Nero - the latest version is 7.5.7.0.

Give that a go & let us know!

3. lamboman

lamboman Guest

will do
    binkie7

cheers

4. lamboman

lamboman Guest

hello everyone

just done as binkie suggested and went one step further by reformating c drive but unfortunately still NO good yet copying dvd's with nero work's fine i'm going to uninstall norton internet security 2006 and see what happen's as norton go's through everything in the mean time if anybody has any answer's to this problem please don't hold out let us know

cheers

5. kevinsun

kevinsun Member

Still new on site, but had the exact same problem using the temp/trial Nero 7 Premium. I also use Norton and am interested in your results.

THANKS

6. binkie7

Visual c++ runtime errors are usually caused by a conflict w/ another program, driver etc or a program error (bug). For you lamboman I'm kinda leaning to the conflict bit. You tried cleaning up Nero, the registry then did a reformat.
    What did you install/update etc on the pc after Nero before the reformat and did you install it after the reformat?
    Let us know too what happens on the Norton uninstall - Norton leaves a bunch behind too.

@kevinsun
    When do you get this error using Nero? What version are you using?

7. kevinsun

kevinsun Member

I just bought and installed Nero 7 premium reloaded and went to express burn to put a cd into my harddrive. It read the cd from my dvd-cd drive then I got the microsoft visual c++ runtime libuary program c:\programfiles\nero\nero7\core\nero.exe, a buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the programs internal state. the program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated. I'm going to try what binkie told Lamboman but I'm not reformatting that beyond my skills and would end up with more problems than I started with.
    Thanks all

8. lamboman

lamboman Guest

hi there everyone
    just a quick one bloody thing trying to work out the problem uninstalled everything from norton / quicktime / itunes / region free / divx-codec all up 12 programs uninstalled now i have to re-install,re-install,re-install what a nightmare i,m a bit tied as it's sunday 1.33am aussie time and just finished a 12 hour shift as the saying go's god only know's how this problem came about maybe the kid's changed a setting or i did only by accident no,no it was'nt me it was the kid's mucking around and not knowing what they are doing
    so anyway i will keep at it re-installing everything and let you know how i FIXED the problem

cheers
    ps i should say zzzzzzzzzzz's sleep-time

9. kevinsun

kevinsun Member

I´m not sure, did Lamboman fix his problem? I on the other hand did not. I did what I said I would and discovered a new problem. My windows defrag would analyze and start to defrag to 70% and I got a Data execution program (DEP) failure. This would not let me continue, and I was prompted to disengage the DEP for defrag. I did this and got the same fail. Following the above instruction´s I loaded ccleaner and got the same DEP fail. I than used a REG. Cleaner I purchased and got 54 problems fixed. Still did not work, so I downloaded the free defrag tool from hippo and that did let me defrag my hard drive. Still nothing, so I deleted everything that might cause conflicts, ie win,media player, Itunes and a batch of other unrelated software. I did leave some Sonic Burning software that came on my Compaq sys. All told I think I´ve restarted my computer 25 times and got nothing. Everything else works fine on my computer. However, I got so frustrated I installed the nero software on my hand-me-down computer my kids use for old games and it worked (oh´but so slow). Old computer intel, new amd if that matters. Also I updated everything before installing and did a full virus check before installing and reinstalling.
    I really appreciate the help from Binkie 7 and all others
    Thanks

10. kevinsun

kevinsun Member

Hi again
    Forgot tried go-back and no change. Also disabled Norton (not remove) and still no luck. Binkie7 if you think it is a conflict error, I might need a little guidence on how to handle that. Most people don´t know it, but I´m alittle stupid.

Thanks again

11. binkie7

@kevinsun
    Hmmm not being able to do a windows defrag. Don't really like that one.

Since Nero is working on the 1 pc and this one you have a conflict/problem (obviously :0) ) somewhere.

Check your hard drive for errors 1st. This may take a bit so leave it run. Do a scan disc/chkdisc. Here's a guide - scroll down to the graphical version:
    http://www.updatexp.com/windows-xp-chkdsk.html

Then check and see if you have this driver form Sonic/Roxio installed:
    CDRALW2K.SYS. You can do a windows search.

@lamboman
    Keep us posted on your outcome!

12. lamboman

lamboman Guest

hello everyone
    YES THE PROBLEM IS "FIXED" i'm running nero 7.5.7.0 ultra. After reformating c drive installed everything first and nero was last, thinking that if nero was last it would override the conflict but that idea did'nt work. Dam what could be the problem what could be coursing the conflict, thinking,thinking. OK i'll start by un-installing norton as it go's through everything as the latest update just come through so it wasn't norton at fault, ok keep un-installing spyware doctor / divx-codec / quicktime / itunes and so-on and so-on and so-on, 12 programs un-installed and still nero had a conflict problem. OK what's left dvd region+css free and anydvd so i removed anydvd still no good, then i un-installed region free and "BINGO" DVD REGION+CSS FREE WAS THE PROBLEM. OK re-installed region free and went through the setting's, i know that the dvd setting's where ok as it would read,play and burn so it had to be part of the AUDIO CD SETTING'S and yes it was. Basically with the audio cd setting's if anything is ticket, in the audio cd free settings "UN-TICK ALL THOSE BOXES AS THEY ARE THE PROBLEM".
    Now to install all the programs,

a "BIG" THANK YOU TO ALL FOR HELPING
    cheers
    BINKIE-7 personal cheers to you
    ps kevinsun hope this help's if not keep replying here to see if binkie7 or i can help further
    ok by for now

13. binkie7

Good deal there lamboman !!
    You're hard work paid off - conflict found :)
    I'm going to have to log this one in the ole memory for further reference.

14. kevinsun

kevinsun Member

You guys are great! I don't know if my main computer is fixed, I'm in progress with Binkie's advice. However I just looked on the old competer and DVD REGION is not installed on it, but is installed on the new one! Now not being to smart did I get DVD region free from DVD43 or why don't you guys tell me again where to get it. So sorry not to give results yesterday, I had family commitments.
    Once again you folks are great!
    Thanks

15. kevinsun

kevinsun Member

I´m back and very happy! It all works and I owe it all to Binkie7 & Lamboman. Just wonderful, It´s so nice to go somewhere and people are so nice and willing to help. So sad its so hard to find that these days. I do have a couple of easy questions I hope you can help me with however. 1 I´ve never used nero, but I´ve heard great things, so after I deleted all my other music programs, when I insert a cd I can´t get the info (ie. artist, track data and so forth). 2. I have a large collection of my cd library on wma vario bit and somebody told me I could transfer that to mp3 using nero. That would be great, if there is little or no loss to quality? This brings me to 3. MP3pro if I use it to make a data disc for music does work in most cd players that display mp3 logo? If not, I looked and saw the vario bit as an option but, it gave no range. Like I said, I´m pretty new in the computer world, but I like my music clean as possible, neutral sounding, and free of digital effects.
    Under WMA 160 bit sounded just fine. I´ve seen the descriptions of mp3pro I´d just like the blue collar reveiw.
    Thank you all again

16. binkie7

Yes definitely a big hats off to lamboman for finding the conflict!!
    You're very welcome too - good to hear you are back in business :)

DVD Region Free is a retail (pay) software that you would have downloaded from dvdidle.com. DVD43 is free app and that one cause can problems w/ other programs like Decrypter & DVD Fab Decrypter.

Now your other questions aren't too easy for me :)
    My cd burning has declined over the years but I still do them. Sometimes just do a copy to copy or create a mix cd from stuff on my hard drive - mp3 format usually. I use the audio cd option that converts the mp3's to play in like my car cd player. So I'm not to sure why Nero doesn't show the cd info.
    I would think changing the format may have some quality loss but would depend on what the bit rate was once converted. So far just doing maybe some wma & mostly mp3's to audio has been fine - sounds good to me :)
    Maybe lamboman has some better answers for you then my limited one.

17. lackyno

lackyno Regular member

Thanks lamboman for all the testing...

I came across this problem a while ago too. Strange thing was, it would work the very first time I run Nero 7, after installing it, but not after that. You wouldn't want to know how many times I've uninstalled and reinstalled...

Cheers