1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft Windows Vista Install per computer?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by xbatis, Jan 13, 2007.

1. xbatis

xbatis Member

does anyone know how many computers one can install per Windows Software? from the following VISTA'S

Windows Vista:Home Basic

Windows Vista:Home Premium

Windows Vista:Business

Windows Vista:Ultimate

is it 3 Pcs, 2Pcs or just one....

2. bkf

bkf Guest

You should be asking yourself why you would want to install it at all. A real release is still the end of the month so anything else is a hot copy full of lord knows what. You don't need it or the trouble it will bring you. This is going to be a Microsoft flop that offers nothing but end user restrictions. Just MHO

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

not your HO, bkf, but the truth. ^.^

4. fastfox

fastfox Member

when the retail release comes out at the end of the month i think you`ll find that it will be one copy of vista per machine.
    Mr Gates is too much of a Scrooge to let us use his software on multiple machines even if we HAVE purchased the software.

A mate of mine is running the retail corporate release that he`s had from work. Says there's loads of compatibility issues with it and it runs really flakey.
    As BKF says, its going to be too much agro at least for the time being until service pack 1 comes out for it to tie up all the loss ends.
    Remember what XP was like when that first came out? (Or some would say what its STILL like)

To be honest, i wouldn`t rush out for it.
    I get a premium release upgrade for £40.00. I`m going to order the disk and then sit on it for a while and see what people think of it before i install it.