1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

midnight club 2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nitche, Apr 22, 2003.

1. nitche

nitche Member

I've been having some trouble getting my backup of midnight club 2 to boot. I have a magic 3.1 and when the ps2 starts to boot the game it flashes the "playstation 2" logo thing as usual, fades to black as usual, but never goes anywhere. It just stays black. Any thoughts?

2. mrmward

mrmward Member

I have the same Issue, Have a backup of my DVD and it just fades to black and does nothing, Any help would be apreciated.

3. jaykool

jaykool Member

it maybe a game with this new double boot check

4. JMoney

JMoney Guest

Works fine with my Fliptop/SwapMagic. Don't know if that helps..

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

sounds like the media or burn speed guys. dont forget how some games are just picky about the media you burn it too. i got some games that just wont work on a certain madia even though lots of others have. i got it working on the fliptop with swap magic. 1x, nero, princo.

6. shopchris

shopchris Member

must be bad burned or bad media. we tested with magic 3.1 and work without problem.

7. loxley32

loxley32 Member

Hi .. I am having the same problem with Midnight Club 2. After the "Playstation 2" screen, it just stays black. I tried burning an exact copy at 2x, and I tried making an image onto my hardrive and then buring it to a DVD at 1x. Still the same black screen. I have had no other problems except for Spinter Cell. Any other clues??? I have Magic 4.1 from Nitsur.com -- thank you, Brian

8. sandro

sandro Guest

works good for me with magic 3.1

9. c7015

c7015 Regular member

does the game ever boot or does it always go to the black screen

10. loxley32

loxley32 Member

hi .. the game always goes to the black screen right after the "playstation 2" appears at the very beginning of loading the game, and it just stays black - like it is trying to load but with no luck.

11. ceja_11

ceja_11 Regular member

It has to be the brand of DVD-r i backed up midnight club 2 with a memorex DVD-R , using easy cd creator 6. with no probs. i have a v7 ps2 magick chip 3.6

Cheers

12. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

The best DVD brands in my opinion are fujifilm, memorex, and verbatim. Also it might not just be the type of DVD brands you are burning to. It could also be the quality of your DVD burner that's causing problems.

13. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

No, u don't have to burn it to a dvd-r. I burned midnight club 2 to a imation dvd+r and it worked great. I burned it using nero at 2.4x with an hp dvd 200i.

14. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

The DVD brand only has to be dvd-r if you have a version 1-3 ps2. If you have a version 4-8 it will read +r or -r.

15. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

i had problems with my dvd-r backup - i could hear the sound but get no image

i used the old scart cable from my psx and ran it into my ntsc compatable VCR - works fine now

16. loxley32

loxley32 Member

hi .. I finally got it to back up tonight, after only 2 coasters ... I used the same burner (Pioneer) and the same Nero program burning at 1x.

17. cresstt

cresstt Member

loxley32....did you manage to direct boot midnight club 2 ? if so what media did you use ?