1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition HD Loader

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by petergrif, Apr 16, 2005.

1. petergrif

petergrif Member

Anyone who had put it on their HD, or has even tried to copy it. Does anyone have a problem during the game listening to the in game music?

2. Pax

Pax Member

I have the same issue with dub edition. And the peeps from exploitstation.com saying the same. Untill someone does a patch for it there is no music for it yet. Its probably looking for the music on the dvd, and it just needs to be told the music is on the hdd. That would be my guess. I'm just happy it works on hdd. I am getting short on dvd's.

3. afrocent

afrocent Member

any news on this prob... The music ir really good and its a bit sh-t without the music... + i think this post might do better in another section

4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Yep i also cant hear the music..no fun :-( i tried it in mode1, 2 and 3 still no tunes.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  5. king_kair

king_kair Member

ay yeah mine worked too...but no music...is anyone havin' problems with loadin' the saved files? cos' mine just freezes when i try to continue career...anyway to fix this?
    thanks in advance
    peace

6. williej

williej Regular member

Yeah, I have that prob as well. Unless some intelligent cat develops a patch, then you won't be able to listen to music. That's cool, though. I have successfully ripped it to the HD and it plays, but locks up sometime when I exit out of the garage. But it tends to work fine. Just no music. If I want to listen to the music, I will just boot the DVD and play it off that. UGGGGH ... the load times ... all that for music!

7. king_kair

king_kair Member

aight nah that's cool...i don't really care about the music...i mean i've done like 25% of it in one day...saved it...and it doesn't load...everytime i wanna load career it just freezes up...anyway i can fix this? i don't have any of that fancy dvd decrypter and shit you's are talkin' about...just the normal HD Loader...
    thanks again
    peace

8. madgamer8

madgamer8 Member

so yesterday i try copying the game with the hd loader and it copies and all, but when i click on it it goes into a blank black screen and starts loading, then when it cant load it just freezes up. u guyz have any of the same problems?

9. williej

williej Regular member

Nah, worked for me on the first try. Sweet game, though.

10. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Hey madgamer8 i think you need to set it too Mode3 to get it to play on HDL, i did. Also king_kair DVD Decrypter is a free app so its not that fancy all you have to do is goto the download section on AD and get it.

11. king_kair

king_kair Member

haha aight thanks...i must sound stupid as...but is there anyway i can get my saved game shit to work without anything else than my HD Loader...i got it on mode 3 and it works...but the saved game doesn't load!
    thanks again
    peace

12. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Well as far as i know no.

13. williej

williej Regular member

Yeah. I got it to access my mem card saves with the disc AND HDAdvance. I don't have the memory card exploit ... the retail CD/DVD combo.

14. thegin

thegin Member

I'm running MC3 from my HD and having the same problem as King_Kair when I go to Continue Career (from my save game) it freezes. What i've found is that if the last time I saved the game I was shown a video clip (i.e. Unlock of B type cars, a clip with Vince etc) when I go to load it, it will work the majority of the time. However if the save game is from anywhere else it freezes.
    So what I have been doing is that when the save game loads ok I back it up onto another memory card...very time consuming and annoying.
    I'm sure there has to be another way around this..........anyone??

15. jamo181

jamo181 Member

having the same issue as every1 else no music and game freezes while loading career :( will try the save after video clip thing and see how it goes

if a patch comes out will i need anything other than the hdloader and teh game to install it ???

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  16. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

I have read forums that it is the model of ur PS2. I have a V4 39001 ps2. I have HD Advance 2.0. The only problem I have with MC3: DUB on the hdd is the music will not play. I have tested doing career saving the game rebooting my PS2, and loading career. There is no problem just the music will not play.

17. jamo181

jamo181 Member

Damn it so is this gonna be able to be fixed ??? really hate the loading times it's like instant load time from the hdd ...... sucks ass or what off the dvd

18. williej

williej Regular member

i know it sucks that there is no music during gameplay, but whining won't get it done sooner. i have mad respect for folks that create patches and junk to get games to work on our HDs. i appreciate what you all are doing and my hat's off to you. just be patient ... unless you know how to create a patch that gives us music, there is no need to whine and complain. it's not like they have to do it anyhow ...

19. nwkrep82

nwkrep82 Member

I downloaded MC3 from BitCommet. I then extracted the iso file and transferred it to my hd with HDL_Dumb. I set it to mode 3. I then load it with HD Loader. The intro starts (music and all) but after that it just gets stuck on the title screen with that star spinning. Pushing buttons on the controller does nothing...Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas what might be the problem? Any input is greatly appreciated.

20. williej

williej Regular member

buying the game would help a lot too ... and not support piracy ...