1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midnight Club 3 plays fine if burn't at 4x but at 2.4x it plays with problems?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Davv111, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Davv111

Davv111 Regular member

I'm using a v12 slim with flip top and 3.3 SM with verbatim 8x R+ disk's. This is like the first game ever I'm had that it needed to be burn at a higher burn speed? Why do you think?

2. Davv111

Davv111 Regular member

By the way my burner can only burn at the lowest is 2.4 all the way up to 8x.

Should I just start burning all my backups at 4x you think or this is just one of those rare games that require this?

I remember a few months ago I back up CMR 2005 & CMR 04 and burned then at 2.4x. If I played the back up and let the intro play all the way the game would frezze on me. But if I started the game right away and played it was fine. Do you think if I back up them again but burned at 4x like midnight club 3 that it would fix that problem?

3. Davv111

Davv111 Regular member

Well maybe I should give more detail what was wrong with my 2.4x backup of midnight club 3. What it was doing was it took a longer time to load and some missing graphic's I believe and also the ps2 laser well waht ever that's caled that moves from side to side was making some grinding noise. This was the only backup doing this sound by the way. But at 4x the backup works great.

4. LiquidusX

LiquidusX Regular member

what burner you using?

5. Davv111

Davv111 Regular member

lite-on SOHW-832S