1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midnight Torrents

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by DLW, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLW

DLW Member

Apparently Midnight Torrents is either moving to another server or bit the dust. It would have been nice if the members had been notified or at least something on Google.

Strange site anyway. You have to actually keep the site open to download. Not really a problem, just strange.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

moved to a more appropriate forum - p2p
  4. DLW

DLW Member

It would have been nice if you gave me the website. You are allowed to post them here. I'm a member and I'd very much like to finish my downloads. It was a nice site and I really enjoyed it.
  5. binkie7

DLW - I just moved your thread to the p2p forums from DVD for newbies - that all my post is about :)
    You might get better help in this forum then the one you originally posted in.
  6. DLW

DLW Member

You're just not getting it binkie7. I do not see that this has anything to do with DVD's. It's a torrent site a p2p. There's more than just movie's on the site, in case you've never been there.

The site is back up. I've taken several hits because I couldn't seed my downloads. So yes, they're gonna hear from me. I do not ever hit & run. I always seed. Sometimes for well over a month to get to the proper ratio.

I don't need to look at a forum to know that site was a p2p. But, as I said it's got a lot more than DVD's. This isn't intended to make you angry. I've been a member of several sites for more than just a few years. As far as AfterDawn is considered I use it for research & downloads. I don't usual post.
  7. binkie7

You're right DLW I'm not getting you and you're not getting me :)
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  8. DLW

DLW Member

Hey, binkie7 the problem either way has been solved so, why don't we just drop it?
  9. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Lol, the joys of being a mod!

@DLW

Binkie simply moved your post to the relevant forum in hopes that somebody would help you sooner. Glad the problem was solved though ;)
  10. binkie7

Hey there svtstang - long time no see. Hope all is good!

eck - I left out a word in my previous post - edited it to make it a bit more coherent :)
  11. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I think there may be a language barrier to get over here...
  12. DLW

DLW Member

hey, how are ya...that's very possibly a language...however, i did look around the forum & couldn't find anything that i thought fitted the issue, so i started my own thread...so do you have a suggestion,if i ever post again, as to where one should put questions like my started out with?

i spent 9 yrs in north charleston at the AFB...
  13. RamMalc

RamMalc Member

Obviously your post was in the DVD section and it was moved here to the p2p section , not that hard to understand in any language lol

As for midnight torrents it's been fine all week , not moving and not slowed down .
  14. varnull

varnull Guest

so "windowsp2p software" isn't enough of a hint that this area is for WINDOWSP2P SOFTWARE and sites discussions?

I can see we will be having fun then.

No problem with the site here either ;) maybe somebody got banned?
  15. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Must just be sheer confusion then.

I've been in the Charleston area for 10 years.
  16. binkie7

Well that explains your language barrier LOCOENG :D
  17. DLW

DLW Member

No, I was born & raised in Florida. I did not stay in Charleston very much since I belonged to a special flight crew. We flew all over Europe to bring back sick & injured military personal.

Well binkie, you don't sound the a mod. I think your kind of comment would be better suited in an open chat and not in a forum. I came here to find information not be harassed or belittled. I find your response very offensive!
  18. DLW

DLW Member

RamMalc, I was actually trying to get information when I came to AfterDawn. So that means, I've been coming to website long before I joined the forum. Considering the treatment I've received by some it sure doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I found out why I couldn't get in. They were having trouble with the sign in image. Yes, it was alright, if you knew you could bypass the image. This was not in their forum.
  19. DLW

DLW Member

Actually, I quite liked Charleston. We never stayed on the AFB more than 2 or 3 days but, I was attached to the base (that means I was assigned to the base). I wish I could have spent more time there. I loved going downtown to the Slave Market.
  20. DLW

DLW Member

I FULLY UNDERSTAND p2p. Do you understand I came here ONLY for information NOT to be treated so crass.

Now, for all of those forum members that had a rude comment about Charleston, do you think people there are dumb. You'll be surprised to find some very famous people come from that area. Very, very smart people.

varnull, do I look like I've been banned. I think I've been very nice about this unfortunate situation. I find nothing to joke about. You people need to get a grip. Stop being so mean to people. I don't go into forums very much and people like you are why.
  21. binkie7

@DLW
    Re-read my post - I don't see where I quoted you nor was it directed to you. I even use the nick of person it was directed too.

BTW :D means joking and I also didn't know there was a stereotypically way for a mod to 'behave'.

There is a communication breakdown in this thread - closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.