1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midway - Problems uploading games via USB cable

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by genie_dvd, Jan 28, 2005.

1. genie_dvd

genie_dvd Member

Am using Midway 2.8 to try and upload a few games to my Motorola V600.

Just tried a couple as a test - Bartender (The Bartender's Friend) and Asteroids, but can't get either working (I have both the .jar and .jad files for both games in a folder on my computer).

Followed the process of find the correct COM port, open .jad file, press Send JAD, and it tries to send to the mobile phone.

The mobile recognises a file is being sent, and asks do you want to Cancel or Download? I hit Download on the phone, and it displays a status bar starting at 0%

Midway reads as follows:

Opening JAD file.............[OK]
    Connecting the phone.........[OK]
    Transmitting data blocks.....[OK]
    Completing transmission......[OK]

Opening JAR file.............[FAILED]

JAR downloading failed.

The mobile then around 5 seconds later also displays on screen that the transfer has failed.

Any ideas anyone?

2. Neilhead

Neilhead Member

genie_dvd

textmemytunes.com may be able to help you transfer your files over. They can transfer more than just music files despites its website name.

Drop an email to support@textmemytunes.com explaining your issue.

Neilhead

3. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

heres my problem ive tried the program done step to step instructions and i still got nothing, oh BTW i have a motorola razor v3 phone from t-mobile, and i wanna know also if any one dl games onto it

4. sosegado

sosegado Member

I am using MIDway and it won't get passed the "connecting the phone" part. It recognizes the game but it doesnt think my phone is conencted. I have done the jav loader and everything. Is there a specific AT command that you have to insert? I have the right COM port and baud rate but it still wont connect my phone.