1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might be stupid - Need Help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Numus, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Numus

Numus Member

I have been looking for a while and i am wondering if it is possible to burn a vcd/svcd/xvcd in a dvd standered format... I have an xbox which reads dvd's and will read music only burned on cd-rws.... Which means it can read the cd-rws so if i could burn a movie on a cd-rw that is a vcd/svcd format but setup in the TOC and everything like a dvd it should be able to play it... basicly using dvd playback technology to play a dvd that is burned using vcd/svcd mpegs instead of the huge vobed dvd mpegs....

2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

Trust me if it was that easy people would be doing it night and day......but no I have not heard of any methods that would let you do so.

3. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

You can use ifoedit to author elementary video and audio streams to dvd (not only vcd-compliant video, but also any of several other 'dvd-legal' screen resolutions, of which vcd is one, but svcd is not). It is not a hard thing to do, (just click "author a new dvd" in ifoedit), but it is a *damn* hard thing to do and get decent-looking video. (jerky motion, a/v sync *way* off). THAT is what people (like me) are spending days and nights trying to do.

Ifoedit will created all the necessary vobs, bups, and ifos for you, automatically. Also, Derrow (ifoedit author) has only implemented the ability to get *one* video onto the dvd. (as far as I can tell), so if you have 23 short vcd vids, you're out of luck. Also, make *certain* your audio track has 48kHz sampling, and not 44.1.

-- mgb --