1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

might help or not

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by g2270, Mar 17, 2007.

1. g2270

g2270 Guest

ive heard of people with picture probs on some sky channels and blaming it on bandwidth from VM
    i was told last night bu a vm employee that from may this year that their boadband speeds a set to double but at an extra cost of £2
    so instead of me getting 10 meg ill get 20 meg
    may also make a difference to picture quality on tv

ps sorry for putting this here but thought some of you might like to know

2. mhill7895

mhill7895 Member

There's no reason why an increasein bandwidth will increase the picture quality. Happy days if you get 20 MB from VM - you're still getting screwed for the price vs. bandwidth vs. contention...

3. g2270

g2270 Guest

im not that tech minded
    its just that elsewhere the bandwidth was blamed for the pic quality
    pity you dont know what getting screwed really means
    20 meg bb
    phone line inc rental
    + starview box
    £50
    lmao
    lmao
    lmao
    what a package compared to sky slowband/no channels/ phone+£11 bt line rental

4. dc69

dc69 Regular member

pity you dont know what getting screwed is newbie.your increased bandwith wont effect pic quality at all.why not do what i do and pay nothing and just reconnect your ntl line from outside your house.lol

5. g2270

g2270 Guest

some people just want an argument when they know they are losing

6. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Increasing the bandwidth will do diddly squat for your picture quality. All that is happening is they will send a signal to your modem to tell it to increase it's download configuration from 10MB to 20MB. The bandwidth is already there.