1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

miller vs. bush

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by philipman, Mar 24, 2005.

1. philipman

philipman Regular member

Go miller

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I second that notion.

You were talking about Busch beer?
    Or G.W. Bush?
    Or the good kind of bush?

3. philipman

philipman Regular member

yes anheuser bush the beer company and miller the beer company. Miller tastes better.

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I like Busch beer. I am sipping on one right now.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'm partial to Saison Dupont (<--- current fave), Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout (<--- perrenial fave) or Pilsner Urquell (<--- The original Pilsner), Grolsch, Negra Modelo (<--- the best Mexican beer ever), Chimay (<--- the best beer ever made), De Koninck (<--- the inspiration for Fat Tire) and so forth. I also experience a bit of heaven whenever I can enjoy a good lambic. I'd love to visit Belgium and have a true staight lambic since it's the only place you get one!

No offense intended to anyone but I just can't get into the mass produced American beers. There're some smaller breweries here in the States that put out some excellent beers, Dixie Blackened Voodoo is the first that comes to mind.

6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

BUD all the way! My fav beers include:

-Bud Light
    -Rolling Rock
    -Heineken

But I'm more of a vodka person myself.

7. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

LOL Neph. They all get you to where you want to be. And, good taste is important, on the first few, but after that, your taste buds may just as well be up your ass, because you aren't going to be able to tell the difference between a good brew and a bad one, anyway. :)

Since tone inflections are non-existent in posts, I will tell you that I am joking. :)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  8. Nephilim

Ohh that's so true Bruce! Lord knows I'ver been there a time or two ;)

For medical reasons it's not in my best interest to slug 'em like I used to so I usually partake in just one beer on any given occasion so I make the most of it :)

9. philipman

philipman Regular member

[​IMG]

This beer is very good

Nephilim what is your liver bad or something

10. Nephilim

Nah, the booze messes with my happy pills :)

I've had some of the Pyramid brews and they've been very good.

11. philipman

philipman Regular member

papst beer is good for when you are short of cash, it's like 5.99 for a 12 pack.

I whould need happy pills too if I had your job. All those halo threads and spamers.

12. zippyd

zippyd Active member

When I was in the Army I used to buy a microbrewed beer called Shiner Bock.....really good stuff. Unfortunately it's not available in my area. Neph might be able to ship me some since he's down there in the southwest.

But for general drinking I pick up Michelob light or Bud with an occasional Icehouse just for shits and giggles.

13. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Does Root Beer count? <G>

When I was going to college, I worked for Stroh's Brewery in Detroit. What GrandpaBW mentioned about “after one taste” is so true. The actual taste testers would be sent home if they swallowed any beer. They had to swish it in there mouth for taste testing purposes. But there is nothing like fresh, and I mean so fresh it hasn’t even been bottled or canned yet beer, straight from what was called the government cellars where all the beer was kept until time to can or bottle.

The nicest thing about working there was that on your breaks you were allowed to drink “Shorts”, or bottles that were kicked because they were not filled to the top. You could drink all you wanted, but if you were or got drunk, you were sent home. Honestly, that rarely even happened to anyone. Ah, those were the days, ice cold beer, fresher then keg beer!!!! <G>

Oh, and since Strohs is made from corn, not rice, it has a different taste and still my favorite.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  14. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

This is my weapon of choice!!

[​IMG]

Yup, I've seen -Nephilim- pretty shit faced. He's a pretty good drunk driver.

damn typos'

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  15. philipman

philipman Regular member

[​IMG]

This stuff is very good.

16. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

you fellas need some good aussie beer in your gullets, like this:. [​IMG]

not trying to start a 'which country makes the best beer' war, but ive tried bud and miller and i have to say that they both taste like an ale gone flat, if you know what i mean....but thats just me :p.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2005
  17. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

everyone has a different taste in beer so I doubt there is going to be a beer war LOL.

I see no pic in your post -Mick69-

18. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Strohs (fire brewed Detroit river water) was the first beer that I ever drank. lol I started drinking beer while attending Michigan Tech. I drank Strohs for many years after graduating.

19. squizzle

squizzle Active member

you guys ever tried Sprecker? I used to go to school with a guy who worked at their brewery, and he'd bring in some stuff that wasn't even released yet. Pretty damn good stuff. I also like the Heineken, rolling rock, and a few others I can't think of offhand right now.

20. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

yeah i know, but the 2 beers i named that i disliked were both american beers, and i know how you yanks are passionate about your beer, just like us aussies ;)

ive changed pics so hopefully you can see it now, if not, the beer is called victoria bitter, or as its most commonly known as 'VB' :)

2 more great tasting aussie beers to throw into the mix Crown Lager & Carlton Draught:. [​IMG] & [​IMG]