1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini DVD Data error

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gruntly69, Nov 23, 2004.

1. gruntly69

gruntly69 Member

I have a 400 meg movie i've tried putting on cd in mini dvd form the comp recognizes but sony home theatre first says audio error then data error in both iso form or hard disc image please help

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

More info please.
    What process did you use to create it?
    What hardware are you using to view it?
    etc.

Adder.

3. gruntly69

gruntly69 Member

I used dvd shrink created both iso then tried hard disk folder to put on standard cd in mini dvd form on nero 6.3 both the discs work on the computer but not recognizeable in home theatre dvd player & it doesn't like me putting that small a file on dvd disc Thanks

4. gruntly69

gruntly69 Member

Ive tried agian it only seems to be on cd's that the problem is can anyone please help if not i can put it on dvd disc but it's a waste is there a simple fix

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

The size of the files shouldn't be a problem. Your problem is most likely that your DVD player doesn't check for DVD files when it recognizes the media as CD-R. That would mean it probably won't play miniDVD. There's no requirement that a player read DVD-Video files on a CD, and most older ones (as well as many newer ones) won't.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  6. gruntly69

gruntly69 Member

Thanx for the info i even had trouble with nero letting me choose a dvd file that small to put on a dvd-R disc it only would let me choose cd-r in file going to thanx anyway