1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Earphones...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 2dogsfighting71, May 24, 2011.

1. 2dogsfighting71

2dogsfighting71 Regular member

Hi . . .Can anyone recommend good earphones to use with a phone or cd player? (£5-£15) Thanks.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

Phillips makes some very fine very cheap 'in the ear buds'. They use powerful rare earth magnets for amazing fidelity. The all have nice long cords ans 24 K gold plated connections.

I really like these because the wires are real soft and the wires have an extension. I prefer when the plug was at right angles. The range and fidelity of these $10 buds exceeds that of some $300+ buds I have seen advertised. The base response in 6 Hz. That is really low!
    I recommend these!

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  3. 2dogsfighting71

2dogsfighting71 Regular member

Thanks Mez. I'll check them out. My daughter asked for JVC Gumy headphones but these phillips SHE9501/10 seem better. Thanks again.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

I suggest getting the Gumys then. They aren't as good technically and a bit more expensive but young persons are hung up on appearances. That is why the 'premium' plug companies stay in business. Some of them are far more inferior and far more expensive than the Gumys. Someone she respects more than you, said they are the best so they are. I can tell you that from experience. My kids don't like my buds.

Listening is a learned experience. Young children can only appreciate primitive music. As they listen and learn their tastes continue to change. They will enjoy greater complexity and more unusual music as they age. My daughter thinks my music is weird. The other day she some of my most 'weird ' music and told me that one wasn't bad. It is she that has changed not me or my music. My son of 21 still can't hear what I can hear. I need a hearing aid and he can still hear mosquito tones. Physically, he can hear infinity better than I but he can't hear artifacts I find annoying.