1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MiniDV to DVD+R "on the fly" -- No Editing wanted

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by jfaust97, Jan 5, 2005.

1. jfaust97

jfaust97 Member

I have a MiniDV camcorder and a DVD+R burner in my PC

I would like to simply burn a DVD of what is on the tape..

I have captured and edited and burned to DVD...
    But in this case I really only want to "Backup" the MiniDV Tape... no editing needed...

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. ZombyHero

ZombyHero Member

don't think there's any software out there to let you go from tape to DVD on the fly (real-time encoding takes special hardware), so your only option is to capture to hard drive and export it to DVD.

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Even with a hardware encoder it can't be done because the MPEG files still need to be authored to DVD files afterward.

4. philbert1

philbert1 Member

I've done it with Nero.Works fine.

5. glenpinn

glenpinn Guest

GONE

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2005
  6. ZombyHero

ZombyHero Member

You can get DVD burners out there (like the table-top vcr kind) that have an firewire IEEE1394 jack, and a special mode to dub from DV to DVD on the fly. Also works analog to dvd.

7. glenpinn

glenpinn Guest

GONE

8. philbert1

philbert1 Member

What I was making referance to was the DVD VR format.I've used Nero for that & it works fine.It records from digital camcorder to disk on the fly.

9. glenpinn

glenpinn Guest

GONE

10. philbert1

philbert1 Member

I'm using the latest version of Nero which has some new features that weren't available in previous versions & I am recording to DVD on my computer.All I can say is to repeat what the program states;"record directly to DVD VR".

11. philbert1

philbert1 Member

glenpinn,
    After rereading some of your replies it appears that MAYBE you are not up to speed on some of the new technology.I also have a Liteon set top recorder that records from my digital camcorder on the fly & it makes very good DVD's.I don't mean this to sound derogatory.ZombyHero's reply about the set top recorders prompted me to reply in this manner.Thanks for understanding.

12. glenpinn

glenpinn Guest

GONE

13. philbert1

philbert1 Member

If you have the latest Nero program you can find all the answers in the readme files.If you are indeed a pro you should have known that already.No more comments from me.

14. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Do you want to capture raw MiniDv format and burn that to DVD? If so you don't want encoding all you need is to use any transfer program like WinDV and then burn the caputured .avi. However these files would be massive.

But What I think is you want to go straight from miniDV to DVD player DVD. This is simple, I know two programs one is realy expensive and is Panasonics Motion DVD Studio, the other is really cheap and just as good called DVDsanta. I really like DvdSanta and full functional trial version is avalible to test.

15. laithieu

laithieu Guest

Use AverMedia EZDVDmaker PCI ,It is very easy to use.You capture the movie and burn to DVD right away