1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

miniDVD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kr1m1n4l, Sep 1, 2003.

1. kr1m1n4l

kr1m1n4l Regular member

I created a slideshow of a bunch of digital photos using a program called "Proshow Gold". I outputted the video as NTSC DVD:

Compression: Mpeg2
    Resolution: 720 x 480
    Framerate: 27.97

Then, I created the dvd structure using Ulead DVD MovieFactory.

In nero 6, i selected miniDVD, and i imported all the .vob's etc into the Video_TS, Audio_TS folders. I burnt it using my cd-writer on a blank cd-r.

My ps2 is a version 1, modded with a flip-top, and i use swap magic cds to boot backups.

The problem is is that the miniDVD wont boot. I tried booting it with the Swap Magic CD version, and the DVD version as well, but i get a pink border. I also tried doing a direct boot, but still no luck.

Can anyone help me? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. kr1m1n4l

kr1m1n4l Regular member

anyone?

3. Workshed

Workshed Guest

The swap magic discs cant be used for booting dvd type movie thingys! If you want to make a slide show to play on your ps2 why not just use Reality Media Player?

4. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

Also, i had problems with mini DVD's on my home dvd player, so i asked in the one of the dvd forums here, and i found out that miniDVD is not a very compatible format. not many players support it. so it might just be that the PS2 does not support miniDVD's. i tested this theory out, because for normal dvd backups you don't need any kind of mod or swap to play them, so it should be the same with miniDVD's, if they're compatible. so i put my minidvd into the ps2 and i get the "red screen of death", as i believe it is known.

so anyways, that's enough proof for me that ps2 doesn't support minidvd's.............unless someone actually got one to work????

5. kr1m1n4l

kr1m1n4l Regular member

wierd, cuz i heard that the ps2 does support it. I tried the ps2 reality mediaplayer... but i have to compress my video to divx... which makes it look like shit. If i compress it with a large bitrate, it wont fit on one cd.

still need help ???

6. kr1m1n4l

kr1m1n4l Regular member

bump... come on guys can anyone help me!!!???

7. deester1

deester1 Member

i have no idea either..if the ps2 does support mini dvds then maybe its a region thing..do you have one of those chips that you have to swap between dvd and game mode?otherwise not a clue!