1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

miniDVDr VS FullDVDr ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by charis_k, Apr 26, 2005.

1. charis_k

charis_k Member

Dear all,
    I have an issue I want to talk about,

NGC is made to read miniDVDr. I have found working miniDVDr near my area, but I already bought a case for FullDVDs. I tested a FullDVD+R (TDK; I have a lot of them) and worked BUT the DVD spinning mechanism sounded different (which is normal; diffrent media->heavier). So I thought mini is better for NGC.

I didn't discover the wheel or the gravity :) ,
    but I want your opinion:
    Should I use my full size case or better not for the longer life of mechanism??

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  2. Artlover

Artlover Member

They shouldn't sound any different. I've used plenty of full size discs and they sound exactly the same. I know cobra 1.1 has issues when direct booting +R media that causes odd handling of the spindle and creates a rubbing noise. But that's different.

Other then taking slightly longer to spin up, there really isn't anything to worry about.

3. charis_k

charis_k Member

Thank you for yopur reply.
    Perhaps the slightly diffrent sound was my imagination. I will test it again.

But lets leave open the question:
    Should I use my full size case or better not for the longer life of mechanism??