1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minion, Pls review this. 2 movies on 1 DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jlm1, Feb 2, 2004.

1. jlm1

jlm1 Guest

Hi Minion,

You seem to be the expert on getting multiple movies on one DVD. Do you have a guide for this that I could look at. I have been working on this myself and have found a method, but I want to see if yours is better. I have gotten it to where I have 2 movies, but unfortunately I have not been able to test my method because I am not getting my DVD burner until the end of this week.

Here is what I do:

1. Use DVDShrink to rip the movies to my hard Drive and cut out all extras.

2. Use TMPGenc's DVD Author to cut intros and credits on 2 movies and create menus.

3. I then use DVDShrink again with compression and deep analysis to get the final product. I have tested this a couple of times and the quality seems to be very good when I view them on my computer. Like I said I have not been able to actually burn this yet though. I am wondering how you get more than 2 movies and keep quality though. I guess alot depends on the length of the movies also. I must also say that I have been doing this for about 4 days and this is what I have come up with.

Anyway, if you can point me to one of your guides on doing this I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jim

2. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

I'm not Minion but I think you nailed it on the head! Thats exactly what I do and I have burned DVDs that work fine. I even scan in the covers of the DVD movies and put them as the main menu background. Comes out pretty cool. I havent tried more than two movies because, like you said, the quality will suffer and with most of todays movies pushing two hours or more they would look crappy. I have put 2-2-hour movies on one DVD and it came out great. What burner are you getting? I have the Sony DRU510A DVD-R/+R/-RW/+RW. Its a 4X burner and burns movies in less than 15 minutes. A far cry from my 1X burner on my laptop!

3. jlm1

jlm1 Guest

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I was hoping that I got this right and based off of your reply I have. This stuff is great. So many different ways to do things and so much to read. I am glad I was able to figure this out in a way that is not complicated. Now I am on to learning how to get my home movies on DVD from VHS tapes. Now that seems a lot more complicated with all the recoding and editing, but I will give it a shot. I am looking at getting a Plextor PX-708UF. I want to get an external one and PC magazine rated it one their top 5 burners even though it is an external one. I have to look a little more. I am sure I could probably get one a little cheaper, but that does not mean better. This burner is supposed to burn a DVD in 8 minutes.

Jim