1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MiniSD Write Protection

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by LufianGuy, Feb 17, 2007.

1. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

Well I read that sometimes miniSD cards will shut off and become permanently write protected rom cards. I guess this happened to mine. I tried the tape trick with a couple different kinds of tape and it is still telling me its write protected. I'm just going to send in for a replacement.

I still got questions:

1. Are they done universal so all SD Adapters lock/unlock positions are the same? From what I can tell, up is unlock and down is lock.

2. Has anyone ever used this "put tape on the tab to make it work" trick? DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I AM SPECIFICALLY SUPPOSED TO PUT THE TAPE ON THE SD ADAPTER OR MINISD? My friend that has done this before said you cover the small notch on the right side of the SD Adapter with black electrical tape, he also said this should be done as soon as you get the card to prevent any write protection problems. Sadly, this didn't work for me.

3. Are there any card readers out there that will write to the miniSD card without an adapter?

4. Can the M3 miniSD work with 4GB miniSD cards(like TOPRAM)? I don't see any 4GB miniSD's on http://www.m3wiki.com/index.php/Media_Card/Mini_SD

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  2. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

No one knows?