1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

minus one cds

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Wwally, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Wwally

Wwally Member

a friend of mine just recorded his own cd using a method called "minus one". apparently he used an original cd as background, used a software to delete - or minus - the singer's voice and recorded his own on top of it. result was a cd with the original music and his own voice in place of the singer's. has anyone heard of this minus one method? anyone know what kind of software he used ? or was I being stupid in believing him ??? thanks

2. thargor

thargor Member

3. Wwally

Wwally Member

Thanks Thargor. Read the link you suggested. Guess I better keep up with the times. Would like to give this method a shot. Any suggestions on software I could buy or download (preferrably free) to make my own minus one cd? All the songs in my cds have a .cda extension and I couldn't "break them up" to show vocals and instruments. Thanks again for wisening me up. Much appreciated.

4. thargor

thargor Member

Glad to have helped. I think that you will be unlucky in your quest as, as far as I know (lots of as's here!)there isn't a successful program to do this. There are some that purport to do this but from all reports they are cr*p. The only way is to either get the Masters, (unless you won the lottery last week, not much hope) or find a midi file on the net somewhere. Bit vague but I am not a muso, just an engineer.

Good success with your venture.

Thargor