1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MiRc

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by jbigha01, Oct 7, 2003.

1. jbigha01

jbigha01 Member

I'm sure all you guys know to be careful out there w/ kazaa and all that junk. The most useful P2P app. I have found, would be MiRc. Literally virus free!

There's no taking down the MIRC!

2. jbigha01

jbigha01 Member

If you guys want good speeds off MiRc. You have to search the Phazenet Server. This is where all your MP3's are. Once your in the Mp3 channels, you will have to search for someone w/ good speeds . Average speeds that I reach are about 15K....Depending on your connection speed, and how many people they are serving to at the same time.

You will be amazed on what you can find. Its not exactly the most user friendly, but once you get the hang of it, you will be hooked! I am!

Any questions let me know........I might have an answer. :eek:P

3. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

If you're using CAble, or some High Speed internet, 15kbps is slow. I can get like 70kbps off Kazaa Lite straight. Also, you should use SOulSeek, for MP3 files, since you don't get those Kill-RIAA-induced-Rage songs, that the RIAA put up themselves.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ok, ITS [bold]IRC[/bold] Internet Relay Chat, not mIRC. mIRC is a script that you can use IRC servers with lol it is [bold]NOT[/bold] a p2p app at all!

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

LOL common mistakes.

6. Dela

yes but can get on your nerves the 10,000th time u explain :D

7. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

mIRC is the Windows client for accessing the IRC networks.. Not the only client out there to getting onto the IRC networks.. one of the most recognized yes.. mIRC doesnt technically qualify as a script as since it really doesnt modify how IRC works.. works on the same grounds as an ftp client an internet browser.. a piece of software that connects you to a server a network.. and example of an IRC script would be like Invision, Excursion, polaris.. scripts modify how the client works/access the IRC servers.

Personally I dont even bother with any other manner of getting stuff other then via IRC.. Fast STABLE servers / bots are quite common if ya know where to look ;).. aside from the technical mumbo gumbo a noobie has to shift thru to understand how IRC works, its well worth it

8. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

thanks Dela, i was about to throw my 2 cents in there (you know how that pisses me off when people call it mIRC).

9. Dela

Ye I know that! :) lol

10. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

Could someone explain how you can download files from mIRC (Yes i know it's just plain IRC), i've yet to find an explanation that makes it clear. (if this has been asked and explained before just point me too it). thanks

11. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

It depends which method you are doing.

12. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

13. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

Thanks, i'll have a look.