1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Chapters

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by satanic, Aug 29, 2002.

1. satanic

satanic Guest

Well thanks to alot of folks in this forum for helping me throught my first DVDr. I burned The Messenger somewhat successfully but with a minor problem (I think).

Using Pipster's method, all worked out just fine until I previewed the movie on set top player. This movie started out with 28 chapters and according to Primo Prassi, 28 got burned. Unfortunately, the reality is that 26 got burned and 2 went to that "magic" place. Whe using Decrypter to review the burn, it shows 28 chapters but the DVD only plays 26.

Any suggestions on what to do? I endoced the files at 90% and the bitrate was set to 8600 as was calculated to have it fit on one DVD. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. joshua

joshua Member

When you open up the .ifo for the main movie how long does it say these chapters are ?
    Sometimes various methods end up with a few chapters on the end that are about 1 maybe 2 secs long ?
    It gives them a new vobid, so if they annoy you then strip those vobid`s and you will be good to go.
    Hope that is your prob and not a actual chapter missing.
    :)

3. satanic

satanic Guest

Joshua...Thanks for the reply. I went back to check on the .ifo files as u suggested and found all to be intact. Since I still had all the step-by-step folders, I went back to the step where it produced the ac3 and m2v file structure. This time I used DVDit to author and burn.

Would you believe it, it burned all the chapters and works just fine now. I wonder what I did wrong??? Well, anyways thanks for your assist.