1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing CUE , but i have the BIN.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Speedde, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Speedde

Speedde Member

Hello i am searching for days of making a cue file from only a bin file. I dont know if there is an way to do this. I dl a file Dead to rights for the ps2 and i unrar all the files but when i did this there was ownly a bin file called:
    ps2-KAL-Dead.To.Rights.BIN
    Does someone know how to make a cue file (maybe with notepad, and what to type) from this bin file????? Or maybe there's a program to make a cue file?? Please email me then. <<<please dont list emails here... it's for your own good... honest! -Praetor>>>
    THX

Last edited: Oct 7, 2003
  2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

You can create CUE files for BIN images by first drag-and-dropping the BIN file onto CDMage. It will popup a dialog box asking you to specify the interpretation format. Trial and error will get one to to successfully open the image. Once it is opened, File --> Save As and give it a new name. CDMage will resave the BIN file but now also include a CUE file to go with it.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Praetor - I have a movie in BIN/CUE format. The CUE file, when opened in Notepad is empt apart from a [] in it. Whenever i try to open either the CUE file or the BIN file in any program including VCDGear or CDMage, i get an error. Do you know how i can open this file or convert it to SVCD using VCDGear? I really have been trying to sort it out for ages now.

Thanks Mate.

Anyone else that knows the answer, like Shoey, CD-RW.org, etc i greatly appreciate some help :-D

Chris

4. Praetor

1. Make sure you dont have a faker or a corrupt file
    2. You say CDMage gives you an error? What error? I trust you opened the SVCD using Mode2/2352 (heck try some of the other ones just for fun)
    3. I dont know how to run VCDGear cuz its been a LOOONG time since i ever even looked at that program but in CDMage:

To extract data from CD Images using CDMage, first open the image using CDMage (or drag-n-drop). Note that you have to correctly select the input parameters in order to open it (trial and error will suffice). Once the image is opened, goto the file(s) you want to extract, right click and select 'Extract Files...' provide the destination you want to extract to and whatever settings you desire and click 'Extract' (You can get CDMage from http://cdmage.orcon.net.nz/frames.html)

4. Any luck just trying to burn it? Or mounting it on a VirtualDrive? Also I am aware that there is some media player that can play BIN files directly?

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Cheers Praetor - im on my way out on the pis right now (going to coyote Odyssey in Belfast where there are loads of bar maids wearing bikinis) so ill checkl it all out when i get back. You say just burn it. What method do i use to burn it in Nero? Thanks

I dont know if its a faker, aint got a clue about BIN/CUE fiels, my first time getting one :D

6. mogamez

mogamez Guest

hey you just need to get disc juggler. It burn bin file without the cue file. I burn most of my ps2 game on disc juggler without the cue file and it works.

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thanks - ill have a look at the DiscJuggler when i get in in the morning after my night out. Cheers.

8. Praetor

Discjuggler is good stuff perhaps a little too messy to dabble with but good stuff nonetheless. You might like CDRWIN5 more (its made by the same people who make discjuggler and features a significantly improved interface). You should be able to use Nero though.

BurnAtOnce can do the job superbly too! (<<Insert Shoey endorsement here>>)
    BurnAtOnce, a free, easy to use burning application specializes in burning CD Images. For more info visit http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/burnatonce.cfm

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thank u my people - im well 2 drink to do it now thoug so ill have to do it in the mornig. Nite all