1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing .DS_Store for Pinnacle Studio 9 Instal

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by CWell1337, Apr 27, 2005.

1. CWell1337

CWell1337 Member

Ok, so I recently tried installing Pinnacle Studio 9 on my computer and about 85% to 90% of the way through the installation I am getting a message that halts the setup.

It says that it is looking for .DS_Store and that it can't find it. Well I can't find it either. Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a fix to it? Please let me know.

Thanks.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I don't have Pinnacle, but do they have forums where you could post this question? You may get more answers there, although someone here may drop in to help you.

3. freehouse

freehouse Member

I have the same problem!

4. CrzlyDazd

CrzlyDazd Member

I also have the same problem and it doesn't even talk about the "DS_Store" in any of the files or documents, except in the installation

5. milanw

milanw Member

I have the same problem. I cannot find that file anywhere in my computer. I did a google search and got a link to download the ds_store file. But it didn't solve the problem.

If any of you get a way to fix this, please post back here. That would be a great help.

Thanks.

6. Vlikkers

Vlikkers Guest

Well take a look at the error message.
    Something about Tutorial and support folder so just do an install without support and tutorials and it should work.
    Vlikkers

7. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

hey i have something to tell you

ds_store

file is a icon picture file it stores the pictures of the icons for the installer it has nothing to do with the installation except for to install the icons on the desktop

but also this is weird because most ibm software doesn't have a ds store file

only mac software usually has it???

weird

8. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

OK boys and girls Pinnacle is a pain in the you know what . first get the pinnacle clean program you can't get it unless you are REG. clean your PC of all pinnacle programs and try a fresh install if you don't meet system req. it willnot install I went through Pinnacle 8,9,10. they're all kinds of bugs in this program but when it works you will like it.keep me posted