1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Alibi3, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Alibi3

Alibi3 Member

I'm trying to burn my first cd. I'm using DVD Shrink and Nero 6. The burn completes successfully but my DVD player wont recognize it. No error it just keeps trying to read it with no results. When I look at the disk I noticed that the files at the root of the DVD are missing (e.g. the autorun file the setup.exe fiel etc.). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Are you try to burn a DVD or a VCD/SVCD?

3. Alibi3

Alibi3 Member

I'm a little embarassed but I don't know the difference. Is that a setting I choose? I don't see it in DVD Shrinks or Nero. I followed scubapete's guide. I'm using Memorex DVD +R (didn't know if that makes any difference).

4. colw

colw Active member

Just a little more information required.

Assume you are trying to burn your first DVD (not CD)as in your original post.

If you are using scubapete's guide, your ripping, encoding. burning processes should be OK and its appears that you are not getting any errors.

Memorex media is not highly regarded by many members of this forum and tend to be of variable quality - read scubapete's guides on DVD media.

Does your burnt DVD play back OK on your computer?

Is it the playback on your standalone that is causing problems?

Autorun, setup.exe are not necessary - your DVD should consist of VOB, BUP and IFO files.