1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing HD space after compressing with shrink.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Imperialx, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Imperialx

Imperialx Member

Greetings,

I am not sure if this is the right place to place this question, however I am using both DVD Decrypter and Shrink, so I thought I would place it here.

I am rather new to backing up DVD's, however I have had reasonable sucess backing up movies...except recently I hooked my external DVD Burner (Memorex) up to a friends laptop, and downloaded DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink 3.2 on his computer, popped in a DVD and opened shrink to compress the movie and save as an .ISO image, then burn the DVD with decrypter.

When starting we had 10gb HD space left available, and while burning with dvd decrypter i selected the "delete iso image after burn is complete"...or whatever it says =)

So the dvd completed burning and I proceeded to burn another DVD, using the same process. after both those movies completed, i attempted to backup a 3rd dvd, and it said not enough HD space available.

I checked the directory where I was saving the iso images, and they are not there. The recycle bin is empty, ran a disk cleanup utlity, seached the HD for any files over 1gb in size....I absolutely cannot locate where this missing HD space has gone.

So, im posting in this forum to see if it is possible a problem with dvd shrink, or dvd decrytper, that any of you have encountered.

Advice welcome, and thanks for reading =)

-Travis

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Do you have norton system works?
    If you do you need to purge all files.

3. Imperialx

Imperialx Member

thanks a ton! that worked out great! i feel so silly, but thats what learning is all about =)

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Dont feel bad.
    The only dumb questions, are the ones not asked.
    We are all newbies once, and everybody can learn, no matter the level of experience.
    Glad that worked for you
    blaze on
    jD