1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

missing PS2 piece

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by saulat_99, Jan 19, 2007.

1. saulat_99

saulat_99 Regular member

I recently bought a PS2 and decided to try the magic key. I took apart my PS2 and got everything installed properly and ran into a problem. I bought the system 2nd hand and saw some debris that I blew out of the interior. While doing this I tilted the system. I had a small metal 6/8 by 5/8 of an inch fall out. There is a small hole in the center which one of the screws can fit thru. I believe it came out from under the fan. I was hoping someone had taken their slim PS2 entirely apart and could tell me what this piece is and how important it is. Thank you for any help.

2. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

could you take a pic of this peace

3. saulat_99

saulat_99 Regular member

[​IMG]

Here ya go. There is a slightly raised area on the underside around where the circle is although, it is minimal. Sorry I could not get a better pic.

4. dreamzboy

dreamzboy Regular member

that piece goes right under the ps2 so that you can stand it up like the picture shown. Btw, it's inside the case not outside.

Ok...let me try to explain it in detail

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007