1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing VIDEO_TS.ifo error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ashkan21, Mar 24, 2005.

1. ashkan21

ashkan21 Member

Hi,

I've used Dvd Decrypter in IFO mode to decrypt my DVD. I used IFO mode so that I can generate an XVID using AutoGK. However, I would also like to make a backup copy of my DVD using DVD Shrink. If I decrypt using the IFO mode, I don't get the VIDEO_TS.ifo file and DVD Shrink complains. Is there anyway around this? If I use DVD Decrypter in File mode then I don't have this problem, but I won't be able to generate the XVID.

Is there anyway to have DVD Decrypter dump these files so that I can use DVD Shrink to generate the backup DVD?

Thanks.

2. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Per my earlier post to similar question:
    Try clicking DVD Shrink reauthor first, not open disk or image. That should bring up a "browse" type window on the right side of the Shrink screen, allowing you to choose your VOB files from their location on C: drive. Once all are selected and are on the left side of the Shrink screen, do a "backup". Shrink will create new ifo file as well as compress to fit blank disk..

3. pagandude

pagandude Guest

I tried using DVD Shrink3.2 as you said. But when I click Re-author the browser shows Title 1 and not the individual VOB files. How do I get to those? Thanks for the help

4. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Choose Title 1 and it will move to the left side of the Shrink screen. The do a "BackUp". The target screen will appear giving options to create an ISO burnable with Decryptor, or files burnable with Nero, or files to a Hard Disk Folder. Select the latter and your desired VOBs will be there.

5. pagandude

pagandude Guest

Thanks...lots....worked like a charm...really appreciate it

6. ashkan21

ashkan21 Member

Thanks for the reply. In my case it turned out that the problem was with the way DVD Decrypter was naming the VOB files. It would add a "_PGC_xx" number that would cause problems with both DVD Shrink and IFOEdit. After renaming the VOB files, everything is ok.

7. marvyzoro

marvyzoro Member

I have a slightly different problem. I too, rip the DVD using ifo mode, so I don't have the video_ts.ifo file either. I no longer have the DVD. Can I make a backup or burn a playable DVD movie using the VOB files that I ripped with DVDDecrypter/IFO mode?

Thanks for the help!