1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

missing vob file

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jarv21, Apr 1, 2005.

1. jarv21

jarv21 Guest

I have an AVI movie and converted it using win avi but when i try to burn it onto a dvd using nero express it says it cannot sort the files out and vob 2 is not present, Does anyone know why?Also file is 5.09gb and cannot shrink it in dvd shrink it will not open up.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

It sounds like you have a corrupted download.

You cannot just make a VOB to put in your VIDEO_TS folder. You are missing a part of the movie.

Double check to see that all is fine when you play it in the AVI format THEN try to use DivxToDVD to convert to your VOB format.

DivxToDVD ~>
    http://www.vso-software.fr/download.htm

My guess is that you'll have to download a better movie.

Cheers,

Pete

3. jarv21

jarv21 Guest

Movie plays perfect in vlc media player.I`m using divx to dvd at the moment so i`ll keep you posted thanx.

4. jarv21

jarv21 Guest

converted file and the size is 1.8gb but when i converted it using win avi it was 5.04gb,Do you know why this is? the file that was missing was vts01-2vob2 but it has now appeared when i used divx to dvd to convert it.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

You should be all set then -

Make sure all those files are in a folder that's called VIDEO_TS (written like that, it's case sensitive) Then you should have no trouble picking it up.

Size - When trying to convert your AVI files to DVD (VOB) files requires that the rendering programs try to "flesh out" the files (causing a larger file). Taking a 5 GB or 6 GB file and letting DVD Shrink pick it up and "size it" down to fit on a 4360MB (4.36 GB) isn't a problem at all.

It takes no education or knowledge - follow the guide in my sig and you'll have no problem :)

Cheers,

Pete