1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Mitsubishi TV Model LT-55164

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by nyjetfan, Sep 10, 2017.

1. nyjetfan

nyjetfan Member

I have a Mitsubishi television model number LT55164 when I was watching it today I heard a slight pop noise and I lost picture and Sound and now all I have is a constant blinking green power light. Any help to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

sounds like a blown or domed capacitor on the power board.

3. nyjetfan

nyjetfan Member

How can I tell for sure if it is or not and is it possible to fix myself . If so where can i get the parts and directions on how to diagnose and fix the problem if its worth it or should I just get another TV.

4. nyjetfan

nyjetfan Member

How can I diagnose the problem and where can I buy the parts,also is it worth fixing. Ty

5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

did you know.. do you know?..

What's the betting it's 470µF 35V .. lol..

usually 3 or 4 of them on the power board (the one the mains wire goes into).. sometimes (usually) blue.. and they will be bulging, possibly leaking brown crap out of the top or bottom.. and will all need replacing.. can you solder to a good standard?

Use care.. there are mains line voltages present.. so unplug it.. best advice is take a good high res photo of the innards and pop them here and somebody who does this junk for a part of their living can advise...