1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed media on one cd-r. Can it be done?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by DrSilky, Oct 21, 2004.

1. DrSilky

DrSilky Member

I have an interesting problem... well interesting for me. I have a powerpoint presentation I've created with timed sound elements (i.e. each slide shows for a specific time and coinciding music from an audio cd plays for that timed interval). I'd like to burn the Powerpoint presentation and the audio tracks onto one cd with out converting the audio to mp3 (as powerpoint won't let me cue mp3 files the way it will with audio tracks) so I just have to have one cd and only need to distribute one cd if the need should arise... can this be done? If so how?

Regards

Dr Silky

2. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

Yes you can, you create a data cd, add the powerpoint presentation and all relevent files(i.e. music file) to the disc also. Powerpoint won't allow you to play Mp3 but you can add the music file as a *.wav file. Adding all relevent files this way won't make the cd auto exe though, you'll have to open the disc and execute the powerpoint file manualy.

3. DrSilky

DrSilky Member

Ummm, that's not what I was asking...

Microsoft powerpoint can cue sound bytes from audio cd tracks by setting the timing (this is good as you do not need to rip .wav files of the time length you need for each slide and you can set the timing cues for the slides better). Powerpoint will not allow anyother sound file be time set in this way. What I was wondering was if: on one cd have data info (powerpoint presentation file) and have audio tracks (like the store bought audio cds). If this is possible how is it done?

Dr Silky

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

yes just select the files you want copied to cd , wav mp3,jpeg & data, do add & then record if all you are doing just saving

5. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

I think ddp just said the same as i did in a simpler form. your running a powerpoint presentation and taking the wav files from another cd, take the sound files your using along with your presentation and burn the lot on one disc. Use nero burning rom.