1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed up Movies

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by PieOPah, Mar 10, 2005.

1. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Recently I have been shrinking some DVDs. When I play the back, part way through, previous movies that I have shrunk flicker on for a couple of frames. In one instance I had about 5 seconds of a different movie ('The Mask' interupted 'Super Size Me').

Anybody know why this is happening and what I can do to avoid it in the future?

Many thanks.....

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Do you not delete the files that shrink puts on your hard drive once you're done with them?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

I have had this happen before.

You have errors on your hard disk drive(s) and some files are getting cross linked. You need to run a complete disk scan selecting all options.

Right click on each hard disk drive in My Computer and select Properties. On the Tools tab select Error-checking and click the Check now button. Check all the options and click Start. With all the options checked it will probably ask you if you want to do the error check on your next computer restart. Select Yes.

Restart your computer and let it check and fix errors. This may take quite some time.

The files that you have on your hard drive that have errors will probably not be fixed and you will probably have to delete those, but the drives indexes will be fixed. Hopefully the errors are only on a few of your large DVD files. Delete those DVD files and start over. Any DVD's you have burned from those bad DVD files will be the way they are. You will have to determine if the errors are bad enough that you consider it a coaster.

Check your hard disk drives regularly for errors and keep them error free.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Nice catch.

5. Molder

Molder Regular member

I agree, good catch.

6. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Thanks. I'll give that a go and let you know how it goes....