1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed up with the different ways to boot backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by DigitalSk, Feb 1, 2007.

1. DigitalSk

DigitalSk Regular member

Good Day,

I have a fat & early version of the ps2 with an early version of the swap Magic with swap tool. Not Modded. I'm looking into the threads in the forum to find a diffent way to boot my games without swapping. Maybe with the Memory Card or with a HDD I really don't know. I'm all mixed up here with all the ways I see. HDD Loader, MC EXploit, DVD Loader ETC... You know what I mean. So... what I would like is to get any USB Hard Drive, Filled it with games & being able to boot them.
    Any Suggestiion or point me into which method would work better.

Thanks for all your help

2. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

Dont get a usb hdd, cause the game compatibility sucks with it.
    Ther best way to go would be the memorycard exploit and hdloader. (Or usbstick with hdloader on it, and use swap magic to boot it. (I think that only works for 3.6 and higher versions though)
    Also you need a network adaptor and a compatibly HDD. The network adaptor could be a problem to find, as I heard sony dont make then anymore.

3. DigitalSk

DigitalSk Regular member

Oright...
    Does that mean that if I use the MC Exploit I can just put the Backup in the PS2 & it will launch itself ?
    Sorry but until today I tought Boot Disc was the only way :(

4. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

Well not really. To do that you need a modchip.
    Basically the memorycard exploit means you insert a ps1 game.
    That triggers an exploit that you have installed onto your memcard, which loads a program called hdloader (Or what ever you want). If you have the network adaptor and hdd then you can install games onto the hdd using this program with the ps2 drive, or by computer.

Then you can select the game from the list without using any backup disc.

It could be tricky for the noob though, if I find some tutorials then ill post em.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2007
  5. prutsos

prutsos Regular member

hey well I think the best way to is the HD ADvance 3.0 with like a 160 or 200 Gb harddrive and the network adaptor( just look at used game stores I got everything including the ps2 for 80$