1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MK deception Backup problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by afumacas, Feb 9, 2005.

1. afumacas

afumacas Member

Hi
    I just burnt a back up of MKD but it fails to load up.
    I get the dragon symbol and the message loading. then it goes to the "game informer screen" after that the screen just goes black
    DVD Decrypter burn 1X
    Swapmagic 3.3 with slide tool. i've chosen Normal and NTSC video modes
    It is a DVD rip so i could only use a CD to burn.
    Sony CD-R.
    I even tried CD LOADER and i'm stuck

2. SubZero16

SubZero16 Member

Ofcourse it won't work if u burn it on a CD it has got to be a DVD... Also sometimes burns fail, like with MGS3 I had to reburn it twice and the 3rd DVD only worked..

3. afumacas

afumacas Member

yeah but i have tried with DVDs and the Burning program tells me it's not the right type of media.
    i've tried... a couple of times and both times all i get is the initial load up screen....also do i burn the .bin file or the .cue?
    i've had 2 unsuccessful attempts an i don't want to get anymore coasters.

4. SubZero16

SubZero16 Member

Well maybe u tried using DVD RW's or something, make sure u do it with a DVD R- those are the ones the PS2 reads (I think R+'s too but I think R-'s r just more reliable coz some burners only do R-..) as for which file to burn, I really dont know about .cue or .bin file when I tried it was .ISO, although this site could help you http://ps2nfo.com/on-line.html

5. DBZ999

DBZ999 Member

Try using a larger TOC disc in combination with the Swap Magic 3.3 and see if that works.

6. mechboy

mechboy Member

Subzero16 you said

7. SubZero16

SubZero16 Member

No errors happen during burning, but the game just fails anyway sometimes. I have noticed this problem occuring particularly with Hitman series and the Splinter Cell series, not a single time have they worked with me or my friends.. MGS3 took some time too but not as bad.. as for MK D well mine worked first time but many times when I load it its really laggy and stuff and I need to load it twice or more.. I guess it really could depend on the game sometime.