1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MKV- DVD using AVI2DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Superphil123, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Superphil123

Superphil123 Member

Hi guys, wondered if you can help. I'm trying to create a dvd from a MKV file using the avi2dvd program. I've followed the guide done on here (which was excellent i've got to add), but I'm having trouble still during the process.

I've got as far as starting the conversion process and it completes the "de-muxing" stage, but when it tries to extract the 6 channels (with the besplit cmd plug-in), it just halts and comes up with an error message within the main avi2dvd window.

Can anyone help??

Cheers, Phil.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Try highlighting the audio in the top pane, right click, edit title.
    The audio tab opens up.
    Deselect Auto Audio and Keep DVD Compliant Audio.

3. squirtmph

squirtmph Member

I needed the same guide here I have download the same software, to burn DVD from the same files format .MKV, .AVI

Since I have never done this task before and Its seem I bought the wrong blanc DVD's (4.38GB) too.

Task 1 - I Have to cute size some of my full DVD rip (7.16GB) by using 123DVD Platinum v8.0.7.3

Task 2 - I am not sure what software to use to burn this DVD to my friends, one of them use X box console.

I have read many software but in the end as I read reviews the don't support these two code-cs.
    I bought this software for the purposes to Rip and Burn DVDS.

I haven't use AVI2DVD, because I am not sure what format I need to transfer to from .mkv or .avi after, I'm done.

and since DVDs only support 438GB..........
    thank you for all you support and help on my behalf

Art M

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  4. Vivian89

Vivian89 Member

I do not know what the problem is. Is there any log file? You can send the log file to the support. I am using Sothink free movie dvd maker to burn MKV files to DVDs. It is free. Most importantly,i can make my own movie menus with this software.

You can download it at CNET or their official website, just search "sothink free movie dvd maker" on search engine.

5. attar

attar Senior member

If you have ripped the movie to the HDD, you have the option of burning the files to a dual layer disk or shrinking the files to fit a standard blank disk.

If you want to burn to a dual layer (8.5 GB disk) buy some Verbatim brand DVD+R DL disks (don't buy anything else).
    Use ImgBurn > 'Write files/folders to disk', browse to the folder and burn the new disk.

If you want to shrink the files to fit a standard blank disk, run DVD Shrink >'Open Files' and browse to the folder.
    Click 'Backup' and choose to output the shrinked files to a new folder.
    Run ImgBurn > 'Write files/folders to disk', browse to the new folder and burn the new disk.