1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MKV files ?%?$))&?& ?%?$))&?& ?%?$))&?&

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by dompie99, Mar 27, 2007.

1. dompie99

dompie99 Member

Hi guys,

I read almost all the posts on the subject as to HOW to extract the video and audio files from an MKV file and convert them to AVI format but with very minor results...

It seems that i'd need 4 softwares to get the video and the audio....

I can visualise them with VLC without a doubt, Windowz media player is not at this level yet ( poor Bill ) i've got all the codecs to read it but i'd like to transfer it to DVD's..

If i run video inspector her's what i get:

two channels audio AAC HE

Video channel MPEG4 ISO advanced

And it tels me that all the necessary codecs are installed.

Hope this helps

PS: Tried about a dozen of soft to do it (mkv extract, avi to dvd, mkvmerge etc etc)

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Depending on how you want to put them on dvd, you might want to try ConvertXtodvd

3. dompie99

dompie99 Member

HI and thanks for the reply,<

As i said, i've tried a couple ( more or less than 15) in order to be able to change them of container ( since MKV is a container like AVI )

The only way i've found that was simple was to use CONVERTXtoDVD and after use a software to do whatever i want with it....

I have to say taht i've been looking for a solution for the past 2 to 3 weeks....went on the matroska site, tried their soft etc etc but no succes...

Thanks again.

Jacko

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

5. dompie99

dompie99 Member

Hi and a whole lot of thanks,

i've tried the first one without luck......

about 2 weeks ago....

so far, i'm still testing convertXtoDVD

Jacko

6. dompie99

dompie99 Member

OK her's the newsss.

ConvertXtoDVD has done poor again agains a lot of others....

I decoded the file ( with french or english audio track) but within 2 minutes, i get as much as 10 seconds of delay in audio compared with the video.....it realy sucksss.

Any help ??

7. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

When are you getting this, after encoding the avi to mpeg, or burning directly to dvd, or are you first muxing the avi and the audio, or are you playing it back in something that supports seperate audio and video tracks?

There are numerous posts about audio sync problems, but the one thing no one seems to get is that (unless I'm wrong here) most of those start out in sync or only slightly out and get worse as time goes on. When you're not dealing with a constant audio delay, a simple delay correction won't work. This is caused by any number of things, although the explanation that seems to fit best to me is framerate conversion. Most of the avis you download are going to be 23.976 fps, and NTSC dvd uses 29.97 fps. Your encoder inflates the video, but not the audio which causes a progressively worse delay. (again I'm not claiming this to be 100% accurate, but it seems to apply where NOTHING else will 100% of the time, so it's my guess)

You need to use an mpeg encoder that can create elementary streams, and do this: Convert your audio (most likely mp3 or ogg or some other compressed audio) to an uncompressed wav file, and then encode the avi to mpeg, and the wav to mp2. This should fix your problem. Dealt with this many times before, so i understand your frustration.

8. dompie99

dompie99 Member

Ok let's start all over again,

I've tried ConvertXtoDVD soft to extract A video file (MKV) to AVI BUT the audio LAG after only 2 to 3 minutes of video, i know that it uses 25 frames ( Eurorpean ) and i know thate is a pulldown that i should do to get ride of it

I doesn't work DAMN it..( &%$?$?%?%&+*(& ()

I've almost gave up to convert them.....

May be you wana give it a try.

They are available from E-mule and the name of the file is:

[XCT].24.heures.chrono.Saison.04.(Season.04).Episode.01-12.(07h-19h).MKV.DVDRip.[x264.HP He-aac{fr-eng} Subs{fr-eng} Chaps].rar

i can view it with the proper player but that's not my goal, i wana burn a DVD withg both languages that the MKV container has ( french ans english ) and in adition to all this, the video is awsome nice 16:9 and well done

Thanks in advance...<

Jacko