1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MKV-Sound but no Video??

Discussion in 'PS3' started by philharmonik, Apr 2, 2012.

1. philharmonik

philharmonik Member

I have my backup of the Girl with a dragon tattoo(1080p HD), and I am using MKV2VOB to make an AVCHD-USB. I have looked through various, helpful guides but every time I play the movie I get nothing but a black screen WITH sound. I am on the latest 4.11 fw on the PS3(Fat). I used to use PS3 media server, but with 1080p movies it stutters and buffers way too much. Even with wired Gigabit connection. I would really like to get this working, but have run out of ideas. I don't know if its the PS3 or my TV. My tv is a Samsung 55" LED(240hz). I browsed through the forums but did not see any related discussions on this. I would really appreciate any suggestions to try on this! Thanks in advance!

2. philharmonik

philharmonik Member

I would also like to add that on my LED tv in the upper left hand corner when I start the video, it says 1920x1080 60p, then it flickers and says 1920x1080 25p, after that the screen goes black and stays that way, with sound. I was doing some researching and came across something saying that 25p is PAL? Is this correct? Have I found the the reason it wont play?

3. mocarob

mocarob Member

Not sure I have your answer but maybe some info.
    I'm pretty sure the 60 & 25 numbers are frames per second. It looks like 25p is PAL.
    Try this thread for more info
    http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/323769-BD-Authoring-Problem-PAL-to-NTSC?p=2007031#post2007031

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

sounds to me like the video resolution isnt supported on either the tv or ps3.does the movie play on computer???can you run the movie through a computer hooked up to the tv???