1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MKV to a DVD; Best/easiest Free Software

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by ttuz22, Jul 2, 2011.

1. ttuz22

ttuz22 Member

I've been using an MKV to DVD application and it doesn't seem to working too well, so before I started scouring the internet for a new application, I figured I'd ask on here first. Anyone have any advice of a free application that's somewhat easy to use to convert an MKV file to a DVD? Thanks in advance!

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. fionasara

fionasara Member

The biult-in video converter of some online video recorders are able to achieve this conversion and you can codec resolution and other related parameter. Just find out a free trial version to try first.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  4. shreeit

shreeit Member

I like AVStoDVD it has far best quality, but lately I have trouble with 5.1 DTS audio and never able to convert...

5. attar

attar Senior member

It often comes down to the point where Muxman refuses the DTS audio (even if 'compliant') - you have to uncheck 'Keep DVD compliant audio' and select AC3.

6. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

It's not free but ConvertXtoDVD is good. I'm sure you can find one on the internet......somewhere......................torrent.