1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mlb 2k7 on ps2 does not start

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by joy83, May 23, 2007.

1. joy83

joy83 Member

I bought this mlb 2k7 game for my slimline ps2 which is soft modded for swap magic, but when I put the game and press the on button then it makes some noise inside and nothing happens on the screen, after about 5 seconds the noise goes away and there is this pic of two memory cards and a pic of a ps2 dvd, i select that but then the noise again starts and its back to square one.

any help?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

so, ths is a puchased retail copy of the game?
    Are you having this problem with any other games?
    Did you buy it new or used?
    And how is the console modded (Magic Keys or what) because Swap Magic are just the discs you use, you need to have another mod as well.

3. squewheet

squewheet Member

Well I Already have a thread open but this is what I am having problems with also. I don't know if you downloaded the game or not but I know I did.

4. joy83

joy83 Member

yes, i purchased a retail copy of this game. I am not having any problems with other games. I bought it new.
    The console is soft modded so it has the magic keys. It seems like the sound happens when the laser tries to read something from the edges of the disk.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

well, since it is modded the only suggestions i would have is this
    1. try making a back up of the game
    2. is #1 fails try rebuilding the ISO and make another copy.
    one of those may put the information a little differently on the disc as far as it's size. And it is possible that the trouble area will now be in a place where the laser has no problem reading it. Especially with rebuilding as that usually shrings the file a little.