1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mmmmm, beer...

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Liquid86, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - it does. By the way, incase you haven't heard Utd kicked Juventus ass 4-1 in the Giants stadium with the biggest crowd ever in that stadium.

2. princy1

princy1 Guest

And what an occasion it was, I watched most of the match myself and of course sank the obligatory 12 bottles of Stella.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Oh....YES, i like you a lot now Princy. Someone appreciated my football match :) and drinks stella. Jesus man, we were made for each other lol (no sexual inuendos intended!) ;-)

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

One person in the hospital, mentioned the game. I was surprised, and the others had no idea what she was talking about. I heard the reasults, but didn't watch the game. Was still recoveing from AC/DC concert (SARS stock).

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - hope you recover well. Tell that girl that was talking about it i love her too (only if she was favouring United of course)

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

She actually was a United fan. the comment that I thought was funny from one of the others was, Manchester isn't that in New Hampshire. Funny how even Canadians are focused on North America only. Just like Paris and London are also in Ontario. But much smaller.

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah. did you know there is a place called above New York as well. cool

8. princy1

princy1 Guest

Don't forget Washington U.K. (just outside Sunderland)

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Oops, my last post didnt make sense. I meant to say a place called Belfast

10. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Ok finally had a Stella. Not bad, light beer, mild taste can see through it. No bad after taste and no crazy addivtives. At 5.2% alcohol I now see how Oriphus can drink so much. For anyone in Canada, it tasted almost exactly like Steamwhistle. Toronto's own beer, but Toronto has been one whith that one in 199x, whereas Stella's bottle claims 13xx. So I probally should say Steamwhistle tastes like Stella, but you reference what you know.
    Oriphus no need for the flight, I don't think I could dis it. It wasn't poison like budwiser.

11. princy1

princy1 Guest

Welcome to the club prisoner, I trust you will be trying it some more?

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I think i may be correct in saying that Stella Artois is the oldest current European Beer. Reassuringly expensive with a high alcohol content. You can get it a 5.5% direct import from Belgium, like i do :)

13. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

It is a good social drink with friends. I am much more of a Hard alcohol, whiskey person. so I can't see my self buying a case. But at Bars it was not too bad. I must say it didn't have the effect on me as with Oriphus, when I posted at 3am last night. A lot of my post still make sence. Do the times under your names, do you see them in Eastern time like I do or in your time zone? I have to remeber that when it says 10pm under Oriphus name that is more likely 3 to 4am his time.

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its 4am when it says 10pm in the time box. We all see them in Eastern Time, GMT-6. Stella only really affects me when i have 10 or more bottles. The night i posted drunk replies was after 48 odd bottles between two of us with me drinking two more than Willis. Thats a lot of drink, no matter how much hard core alcohol you drink. I've given up on the old Whiskey i think. Im one of the few people i know that can drink it without changing my facial expression at all. Thats a bit scary i think.

15. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Not too scarry, that means you enjoy it or like. The people that look like they have been stabed, most of the time don`t like hard stuf and go back to coolers or beer. I must admit though I was more on the 2 bottles of Wine then the 5 Stella I drank.

16. c7015

c7015 Regular member

when you can drink it straight it jsut means that you have to take up drinking bacardi 151 or gasoline either way .....

also I have one problem with stella ...why the hell did they make the top so small it creates too much foam and slows down the drinking ..I thought that I would point that out as I couldent find any other problem with the beer itself

17. vanila

vanila Member

kriek lambic

mmmmmmmmm

18. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Excellent call vanila! I adore a good bottle of lambic - especially the peach.

Other faves:
    Samuel Smith's oatmeal stout
    Chimay Blue
    Pilsner Urquell
    Negra Modelo
    Mackeson Triple-X

I just tried my first "Holy Grail Ale" from Black Sheep Brewing. The label says it's "tempered over burning witches". Ya gotta love anything to do with Monty Python. The ale was pretty good too. here's a link:

http://www.blacksheepbrewery.com/beers/bottled.cfm
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Gigabyte 8INXP, Intel P4HT 3.06
    Mushkin 1024 MB PC2100
    Sapphire 9800 Pro
    Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium/LTD-166S
    M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    Browning Hi-Power[/small]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2004
  19. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Vodka... any kind... straigt... and video games :p

20. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Tonight, i am mostly drinking...Carlsberg Export 1847 (5%)
    Nice.

Dene.