1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile Phone Tools Software Problems

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by kdog253, Mar 20, 2005.

1. kdog253

kdog253 Member

Hello All

I am a new user to MPT for the V220, and I seem to be having problems creating mp3 ringtones with the Melody Studio. I have followed the instuctions on how to extract a partition from an existing mp3 I have on my PC to the word, but it doesn't work at all. When I attempt to initialize the file creation it says: "Failed to creat file". I have istalled the software successfully to my PC with full updates, and the software recognizes my phone properly but this feature doesn't want to work for me. Can anyone help? Thanks a bunch.

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

will u send me the link on how to extract a partition from an existing mp3,,,,

anyway about ur problem tell me whats the size u r trying to upload it??

3. kdog253

kdog253 Member

hey there. This is the best link I can find for you. It's a PDF so you will have to install Acrobat Reader if you don't have it already (sorry)

Scroll down to page 5 and you will find the "link" to the Melody Studio Module, the info you asked for.

If you like I can copy/paste the steps to a thread up to you.

I do appreciate any tips you could give me thanks.

oh and the size of the partition I
    m trying to extract is about 500 kb.

Thanks again

4. kdog253

kdog253 Member

lol here's the link to the PDF ...woops

ftp://ftp2.bvrp.com/pub/documentation/mobilePhoneTools/MOTO/Moto_Mobile_PhoneTools.pdf

5. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

the link is not working :S

6. kdog253

kdog253 Member

Hey again. Sorry for the problems heh. Below I'll paste the info you need for MPT. This the best I can do for you. This is the tutorial that comes with the software. Hope this helps. Many thanks.

In the Melody Files browser, specify the path to the folder containing your digital or sequential files.

Select the desired file by clicking on it to open it in the Selection screen and have its information displayed in the Information screen.

To play the open sound file, use the Play , Pause , Back buttons located in the Selection screen

In the ruler of the Selection screen, move the cursor to the location where you want to start the selection.

Click and hold down the selection and drag the cursor to the right.

Release the mouse button at the location where you want to stop the selection.The selected zone is displayed in black.

From the File menu, select the Save selection as option. The Save selection as window is displayed.

Specify the location on your computer and enter a File name.

Select the format in the Type scrolling list.

Click Save .

Click "transfer"

Simply follow the instructions displayed on the screen of your mobile phone.

7. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

Thnx a lot kdog253 anyway about ur problem i'd say try using the P2Kman and c how it works!!!

8. kdog253

kdog253 Member

Ok then, thanks for your time. Um....do you have a link where I might find the application?

9. mossyy

mossyy Regular member