Well, I recently purchased a Motorola V3 and it came bundled with data cable and a CD copy of PhoneTools 3.11. So, I installed the software and the install went off without a hitch. I'm running XP Pro with SP2 and it automatically detected the phone when I plugged it in and installed the drivers from the cd. Looks good so far, eh? Well, the problem comes when I try to start the program at which point I get nothing but a "failed to initialize <somethingsomething> click OK to close program" error and that's it. I stumbled across this site in an attempt to figure out what the hell is going on and I've read about 30 pages of stuff about PhoneTools and the V220 etc and everybody seems to be having all sorts of problems getting this shitty software working, but nobody is having the same problem as me, as far as I can tell. I have tried all the advice given to try and sort out the V220 problems but nothing makes much of a difference for me. If I install the 1.23 software then it loads up fine but obviously doesn't work with my newer phone, same with the 2.16 update -- works fine but not with my phone. The minute I update to 3.11 the software refuses to load at all. I have run 3.11 on another computer running Win 98 and it works fine there, so 3.11 is the version I want, but for some reason it refuses to work in XP. [bold]Solution: Run Mobile PhoneTools in Win98 Compatibility mode.[/bold] And, surprisingly enough, it worked. So, for those of you having trouble with MPT in WinXP SP2 it's worth a try to just run it in compatibility mode because it might solve all your problems! Hope this helps.