1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile PhoneTools v3.0 US

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by motomania, Jan 1, 2005.

1. xpinkbabx

xpinkbabx Member

thanks the link is dead tho BUT TY so much i just gotta find that thingie xx

2. tjedwards

tjedwards Regular member

read my post.....3 posts up.

3. xpinkbabx

xpinkbabx Member

hey i spent like 5 hours trying to download any version of MPT and it always said like pay $30 bucks im like no way! so i ended up finding a mate a school who had the disk (they got it with the phone) it was MTP 6.0 and she bought it recently. xx

4. Paulii

Paulii Member

HELLLPP!! ok. so im tryin to move picz form my V3 into the computer, i have a USB cable that came with the phone, and i have already have Motorola Phone tools installed... but when i plug my phone into the USB cable it says that my phone cant be detected so i cant do anything! i cant move pictures into my phone, or into my computer and i cant move songs into my phone like i want...what do i do???? help please!!!

5. bubbah

bubbah Member

go to www.driverguide.com and sign up (free) and then search with "simple search" for "MOTOROLA V3" ...you will see the driver for windows listed (98, ME, XPhome, XPpro) ...do it ...hope that helps you...!!

6. Paulii

Paulii Member

HELLLPP!! ok. so im tryin to move picz form my V3 into the computer, i have a USB cable that came with the phone, and i have already have Motorola Phone tools installed... but when i plug my phone into the USB cable it says that my phone cant be detected so i cant do anything! i cant move pictures into my phone, or into my computer and i cant move songs into my phone like i want...what do i do???? help please!!!

~Bubbah~ thanks 4 da help, but i went 2 da website and i dont know it didnt really tell me much..aghh. thanks anyways!!

7. bubbah

bubbah Member

paulii ...get the driver, install it on your computer ...connect the usb cable and the phone and the system will detect new hardware and either find the driver or ask you where it is ...tell it. Then, once the device is installed, disconnect your phone, open MobilePhoneTools, reconnect the phone and MPT will detect the phone or else tell it to redetect in the menus ...once it finds your phone it will change from a generic picture on your desktop to a picture of the actual phone you have and give you a menu. Go to the multimedia icon and you will get a 2 pane dialog with the list of photos on your computer and those on your phone with navigation buttons ...don't delete stuff from your phone that came with it or it might malfunction unless you delve into it more to see how to deactivate feature links to certain pictures... good luck! readup further on www.howardforums.com and www.motox.us for more stuff!!

8. bubbah

bubbah Member

oh yeah, older versions of MPT may not know the V3 so the driver might help but you might need to autoupdate MPT ...open the software and use the menu to find the update feature and do it. If there is no such feature, you need a real paid version. All versions update all the way so there are lots of places to get a full version say 2.2 (like the one I got). Then, after install, the update process may take several steps going through the verious versions to 4.x which is current.

9. Paulii

Paulii Member

hi again... so i did connect the phone with the USB cable but the computer didnt detect it, nothing happened...so i opened MPT and theres a part were it says i should connect the phone to the cable so MPT can detect it, so i did that it said my phone couldent be detected... i really dont know whats wrong.!

anyways thanks again =)

10. Jar3tt

Jar3tt Member

Ok idk what to do, i have Mobile Phone Tools 3.11, and i just got a Razr Slvr. I am trying to put some songs on for my ringtone, but whenever i try i click transfer, and a Error message comes up saying "unsupported format-no conversion possible". Could someone please help? thanks!!

11. blackie1

blackie1 Regular member

Ive tried several time to download MPT, but all the link are bad. Can someone please help me find mobile phone tools. Thanks

12. blackie1

blackie1 Regular member

Ok i got MPT now how do i un lock the feature that allows me to tranfer pictures and ringtones and stuff??? i remember that theres a patch or plug in or somthing needed??? any ideas??? thanks.

13. eddie213

eddie213 Guest

hey u guys can someone do me a bigggg favor and upload the mpt file for me so i can download it please if its not too much to ask i just got a new phone and it requires that software i tried all the ones that were previously posted but didnt work

thanks ahead of time

14. tjedwards

tjedwards Regular member

have you looked here??.....http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/453507

the newest version is in the download file.

(i don't know why that is not showing up as a link, but we all know how to copy/paste .... right?..lol)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  15. muggz

muggz Member

i have a first verson razor, and i don't know how to put music onto my phone from my computer, i tried all those links but none of them work to get the program i need, and plus i have non idea how to even find it :S:S

16. sh0rtiie

sh0rtiie Member

Hi. I want to make get the Motorola V3 Software. Does anyone know how or where I can download it? Please get back to me.

Thanks.

17. steve120

steve120 Member

try limewire, download.com or download a torrent of it.

18. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  19. pops4444

pops4444 Member

20. pops4444

pops4444 Member

My e398 misses several things which are supposed to be in menus.
    eg your recommendation ...go to Main menu -> Settings -> Connection -> USB Settings. Change Default Connection to Data/Fax Connection. I cannot do since it only gives SYNC or BLUETOOTH options.
    I have taken out the SANDISK and see no difference.

THe main thing I want to sort out is JAVA. It had games on when I bought it. THen following some instruction like RESET ALL or something I don't remember, it now says NO INSTALLED MIDLET SUITES.
    I saw one post mentioning this but didn't see a reply.

I have used MPT plenty. It's lame but works. Trying to use P2K following this site, unsuccessfully so far. loaded the recommended drivers and kept clicking, but as I boot P2K windows then tries to load drivers anyway.

So have never made use of the 64mb sandisk. Can't assign ringtones for texts it seems although that's alright.

Is anyone genious enough for this quest?