1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile PhoneTools v3.0 US

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by motomania, Jan 1, 2005.

1. OmegaWolf

OmegaWolf Member

If you are getting an error within Device Manager, you will have to resolve that problem before attempting Phone Tools.
    A few possible suggestions:
    Re-install the P2k drivers.
    Remove the device and re-install it.
    Use a different USB port.
    Also, if possible, try a different usb cable if you have one available.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  2. browneyes

browneyes Member

[​IMG]

This is what it should look like if you're using MPT version 3.

3. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

Yep!!! Now, if only I can get mine to work again!

4. Marine22

Marine22 Member

Hey Browneyes,

What version are you using in that pic^? I haven't seen a screen like that, and what process/programs did you use. Evertime I try to install v1.23, it asks me for a disk. Anyone have an idea?

5. BadAir

BadAir Member

Wow!! I have never seen that screen either?

As for my MPT software, I searched for the cheapest I could find for the tools & Bluetooth adapter. It came as version 2.0, but it had me download 3 or 4 updates from bvrp I think it was.

I do not know enough about it to be able to tell what programs it works with?? I use it on OE & IE.

Dick

6. Idleline

Idleline Member

Browneyes, are you using 3.11 or 3.19 in that pic? I was unable to get the MMS Explorer to work on 3.11 and I can't live update to 3.19 for some reason. I was able to mess around with the rest of the program and get most of it to work. It's not very intuitive that's for sure.

7. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

I began to follow the steps given by OmegaWolf. The difference I found with my V220 is this. When I connected my phone I got the message that I had a problem setting up hardware. So I simply went to Install new hardware, then pointed it to where I had unzipped the p2k file. I then opened MPT and presto, there was my phone picture, as before. Thanks!! Should have thought of that before, running new hardware wizard. Some others may want to try that if the modem isn't showing MAke sure you have the modem files installed.

8. italymoto

italymoto Member

wow. I've got a tidbit to add to all the discussions. I've been following the threads on and off for several weeks, while unsuccessful at getting my mpt and v220 to work. i've downloaded everything at least twice and installed reinstalled at least that many time. i've had the initialize situation, com port interrupt conflict, etc etc. today i had success. i changed two things so i'm not sure what helped. 1)finally i got updated to mpt 3.19 and 2)i had cingular turn on my web access/text messaging/multimediamessaging. i wonder which helped and if it will still work tomorrow?

9. browneyes

browneyes Member

First I downloaded UltimateZip from http://www.ultimatezip.com

Next I downloaded Motorola Phone Tools version 3.11 from http://coma.fsb.hr/motorola/files/Motorola.Mobile.PhoneTools.v3.11h.Final.Retail.rar

Plugged my phone in via USB cable and let my Windows XP SP1 detect the phone. The MPT software should install these the first time the setup wizard is run. If your phone is not located by the wizard then you can install the drivers manually. This may or may not work so just try & see. To do this first go into control panel, click on add hardware and after it's done a search for hardware put a dot in: Yes i have already connected my hardware. Click next. Scroll down the list of components, at the bottom you will see: Add a new hardware device. Click it & click next. Put a dot in: Install the hardware that i manually select from a list. Click next. Scroll down to modems, click it & click next. Put a tick in: Don't detect my modem i will select it from a list. Click next. Now on this part don't select any off the list just click: Have disk. Now you need to type: C:\Program Files\mobile PhoneTools\Inf into: Copy manufactures files from.. Click o.k. Now you should have a list of motorola drivers you need to click on usb modem & click next. Put a dot in: All ports & click next. After a few seconds you should get the message: Your modem has been set up successfully. So just click finish.

Most importantly, reboot your computer after the installation and detection. Unplug your phone and remove the battery for 1 minute. That'll reboot your phone. Once that is done, put the battery back in, launch MPT, power up your phone and plug it back to the USB.

Good luck guys!

10. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

How do you update to 3.19? I have tried this but am asked to verify everything when I do.

11. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

nvkid909, I'm not sure WHAT bitrate your phone supports, but I know for a fact that on my V220 the phone tools converts all my MP3s to 56kbps bitrate on the fly during transfer no matter what quality they were before. Go into the Mobile Explorer and choose the detailed file listing for the files on your phone and check the bitrate of the MP3s. I'd be willing to bet good money that it isn't 320kbps.

and my Mobile Phone Tools looks like that above and I'm on version 3.19e right now.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  12. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

dwjantz, if you're being to verify a prior purchase of phone tools, then must be using v1.23. If I have time, I'll try to locate the thread where an active link will allow you download the v2.16 update. Then from there you can live update to the latest without having to verify.

13. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Marine22, you most likely haven't UNZIPPED the file that contains v1.23. We can't state this enough in here. No matter what you are trying to install, if the initial file is ZIPPED, you HAVE TO unzip the file first. Merely opening the file and viewing the contents is NOT unzipping it. So unzip the file first and THEN run the setup program.

14. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

rockdawg

No, I am using 3.11h.

15. lobudgit

lobudgit Member

Does anyone know which Blue Tooth wireless adapter works best with MPT and a Moto V551 phone, or does it matter? I found a couple from Belkin, one from Trendware, a D-Link, and Linksys module.

16. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

dwjantz, I was never asked to verify any liveupdate. I originally installed v1.23, upgraded to v2.16 (or v2.21 I don't remember), THEN I performed the live update and it just did it automatically. Not sure why you were asked to verify...are you being asked for a serial number or anything? Does the live update take you to the BVRP website?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  17. Idleline

Idleline Member

3.11 doesn't have live update

18. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

are you sure...maybe it's just not apparent like in earlier versions. right click on the phone and go through the various menus/options presented to find Live Update. That's the way to do it with v3.19.

19. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

20. Idleline

Idleline Member

Yes, I'm sure. There is an update option but it is not live update and it just loads a webpage on BVRP's site.