1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile PhoneTools v3.0 US

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by motomania, Jan 1, 2005.

1. TecNoPhob

TecNoPhob Member

I had a similar issue to dwjantz. I initially installed the 3.11 version from the .rar file, but got some error messages talking about verification and wanting me to enter a software serial number. Multimedia studio would NOT work, no matter what I tried, and there was no live update capability. If you tried to select update from the menu, it bitched about the verification thing.

So...I scrapped the whole thing, loaded up version 1.23, applied the version 2.16 update executable, and then opened up MPT and selected Live Update. It went out to the BVRP website and downloaded the necessary files, and presto chango - I'm at version 3.19 and everything is happy.

It took me awhile to get it all figured out, but it is possible. Hope this helps.

2. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

Here's another one for you. I had problems initializing until I also connected my phone through the USB instead of my hub. I know this is the case because I have doen it three times. When I left my cable routed through the hub it would always search for a modem and found nothing. Then the old pic of a phone would come, Initializing... When I unplug it from my hub and connect to another USB connection on my laptop, works perfectly. Who knows....

3. nvkid909

nvkid909 Member

rockdawg:

yep, im converting WAV files to my own spec using bulletproofsoft.com mp3/wav converter. i choose high bitrate for quality (usually mp3s at 32000hz sample rate, stereo, 320kbps) this means big file size. im transferring with xtnd connectblue (my MPT wont do it), & when i click on file details, in the phones sounds menu, it says its 320kbps. i thought maybe the file size was too big so i tried a shorter custom tone at this rate, still no joy. i did say mpt wont transfer me pics too, tho' i have no idea why!

4. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

WOW!!! That is impressive that your phone supports a bitrate that high. CONGRATS! Your ringtones REALLY sound sweet then huh? Kewl. :)

Looks like you would've made money off of me. LOL

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  5. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

dwjantz, yeah, I'm pretty sure I've commented before in the huge thread in this forum about making sure you are NOT connecting through a hub. That's a good tip that should be a sticky in here. - DO NOT CONNECT DATA CABLE TO USB HUB. ONLY TO A USB PORT DIRECTLY ON YOUR COMPUTER.- Other devices are like that too. I have an MP3 player that doesn't like front ports or hubs. LOL

That's good that you've figured it out.

6. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

Kind of a pain in the A. I wanted to leave it hooked up instead of having to get a cord out each time. Maybe I can figure out a way to fix that in the future. Still can't update, though

7. nvkid909

nvkid909 Member

rockdawg: the tones sound loud & clear (also lil help editing the gain table.bin) at the expense of memory space ive deleted all tones from audio folder p2kman NOT the motomixer .bas files to make room

im still none the wiser to what "internal server error 0x50" means. iv contacted moto getting the usual patronising response from them, anyone know? its a shame, cos the melody studio looks great. heyho its the old sampler & card reader method for me

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  8. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

Is there a way to delete your ringer files that come with the phone?

9. nvkid909

nvkid909 Member

hehehehe more cans of worms you need p2kman (drivers are in *ahem* MPT aint they lol, i got there by trial & error also! suggest u read up lots on p2kman first

10. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

It would be nice if MPT would do it, along with ringtones we add in

11. nvkid909

nvkid909 Member

mpt cant cos most these files are locked in. in p2kman u can change the file attributes so u can delete. thats dodgy tho cos deleting tones that are assigned to alarms/phonebook/ringerstyles can freeze u out of these menus! not good. but fixable

12. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

I will take a look at it sometime. I just see no reason to have ringtones I don't even like taking up space on my phone.

13. OmegaWolf

OmegaWolf Member

I agree. My v180 came with about 2 good ringtones, the rest are horrible. And most of the background pics are nothing I want, and it's all taking up space that I could otherwise use.
    I'm glad to hear other software can enable you to change it, but i do know that although glitchy, MPT does have a very friendly user interface.

14. Marine22

Marine22 Member

so, have we figured out what the right process is to link the v180 phone to your comp?

15. OmegaWolf

OmegaWolf Member

Well MPT is good for most of what needs to be done. However, if you want to do some advanced things with your phone and messing around with it, such as deleting pre-installed things, look elsewhere.

16. julieann

julieann Member

Please help me! I have installed, uninstalled, unzipped, etc. until I'm blue in the face! I thought I had it all figured out from reading what all everyone here has gone through, but I don't. I get the correct pic of the phone (v220), it just says initializing. ( I have MPT3.19a) I know everyone here has had that same problem, but I haven't had any success from learning from your experiences. When I click for it to detect the phone, I get this message:"Error during detection. Click on "Retry" for another try or on "Next" to choose your device from a list." So, when I click on next and choose my device from a list,
    And then, when there is a window that says "Installing mobile Phone Tools", and it says phone setup, it says, please turn your phone on and connect it to the cable, then connect your cable to your PC. Your phone will be detected and setup automatically. It sits there and you can't click "next", only "back". When I click back, it takes me back to that screen where it asks how you want to connect.
    Device Configuration Wizard: " Welcome to the Device configuration wizard. This wizard lets you configure your device." I click on next to continue. It says, "Select device. Which device do you wish to use. Select the device you wish to use." I click on Motorola USB Modem #2 ( I don't know how the #2 got there.) And then I click next. Now it says, "mobile PhoneTools will now determine the appropriate driver for your device. Before continuing, make sure your device...blahblah and exit all programs that ...blahblah." I COULD check the box that says "Do not automatically detect the driver. Select from a list", but I don't, I click next and I get a screen that says "Device detection. The wizard is trying to automatically identify the device." In the open part of this window, it says, *modem identification....*Opening Motorola USB Modem #2....**Not accessible or in use by another application." Below that, it says, "Error during detection. Click on retry for another try or on next to choose your device from a list." If I click retry, it just goes through this all over again, so I click on Next. There I get a window that says, "Which device model do you wish to use?" On the left, I click on device manufacturer Motorola GSM. Over to the right, I click on Motorola V220. It then tells me, "Device configuration is completed." In the open window part, it has 4 lines of info- Manufacturer, Model, Connection to and COM Port. The COM Port says "TAPI modem". IS THIS CORRECT? I thought it should say COM 3 or 2 or something. When I click finish, it takes me back to the phone where it sits for just a second and then I get a message saying, "Mobile PhoneTools is unable to communicate with your phone. Be sure your phone is on and connected, blah blah, please disable any applications that may already be using this device or communications port." THen I can click either OK or Redetect. If I click on OK, it just takes me to the phone like I don't really want to use it, just look at the pretty picture. If I click on redetect, it takes me to the "welcome to the phone setup wizard. Make sure your phone is not locked. Please select how you will be connecting your phone to your PC. Of course, I click USB Cable. Then it says, "Phone Setup. Please turn your phone on and connect it to the cable, then connect your cable to your PC. Your phone will be detected and setup automatically." Now, see, this is where I was up at the top of this post. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? THanks in advance!!!

17. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

Are you going through a USB hub? Connect directly to the comp. One thing I did was go to Add Hardware in Control Panel for my phone and point it to the file where I had put the p2k driver. Then after it was all done started MPT again and it worked.

18. svb4

svb4 Member

Does the Program MPT 3.11 support the new E1000 Mobile with Bluetooth?

19. julieann

julieann Member

What is a USB hub? Also, I left out some information. When I go to Device Manager, is the Motorola modem supposed to be listed under "Modem" AND under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"? It says it's working under the "modem" tab. But under the USB controllers tab, there is a "?" or a "!" (can't remember which.). I try to update the driver under the USB controller tab, but it does not find the driver. Not anywhere on my hard drive. Anyway, let me know what a USB hub is and maybe that might get me closer to getting this to work. Thanks in advance.

20. dwjantz

dwjantz Member

A USB hub is where you can plug several USB devices into and have only one cable going to your computer. Like an extension cord.