1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOD 360 ELITE

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by unkleal, Feb 11, 2008.

1. unkleal

unkleal Member

Just wondering do you have to hardware modify the xbox elite or can it be softmodded to play backed up games. (fingers crossed on softmod)

If you have to hardware modify it. Whats the best mod to use (was looking at buying "Xecuter Blaster 360 NE" and is flashing the drive afterwards easy to do? My last mod was done for me on xbox premium but im interested in purchasing an elite and would give it a stab at modding it myself. Ive modded a good few wii's myself with wiikeys already. Hope you can help.

Cheers,

Al.

2. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

If im not wrong the elite is a Benq 360 and im 100% sure it can be soft modded. Look up what a benq disk drive looks like and tell me if you have the same one. If you do then yes you can softmod flash it.

3. unkleal

unkleal Member

I just checked my mates 360 elite. From pics Im looking at online "it seems to be a BENQ" in that it has no markings that make it like other drives and is grey as described on site. How can the elite be softmodded? is it handy? i.e. does it involve me taking the xbox apart or can i just throw a dvd or something into drive of xbox 360 and load it from there. Hope you can.

Al.. help would be great.

Al.

4. wabashman

wabashman Active member

throw a dvd in there and load it form there...thats probably the best one i have ever read, lol. you have to tear it apart and flash the dvd drive. please research this instead of asking how. there are millions of tutorials how to do this.

5. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

wabashman you always good for a laugh man haha. But ya look up Benq flashing on google to learn how to flash your elite. And ya your gona have to open that bugger up

6. unkleal

unkleal Member

Whats the point in softmodding over hardwear so? makes no sense? might aswell just get in their n leave it so you can update firmware as ofter as needed by leaving yourself an easy option to go back in.

Am I missing something. Thanks for sarcastic reply by the way. Forums are supposed to be of help to people. Most of the forum posts speak of premiums etc. nothing much on elites being modded and where it was someone mentioned soft modding. Ddint know what it was.

I'll keep reading but a bit of help never hurt anyone. i.e. is it the same extreme firmware to be loaded on to the benq drive. Where can I download firmware. Went on faq and speaks of various diffent items. A bit daunting to a new guy.

Hope ye can help. Sorry if im asking questions again that were already asked.

Cheers,

Al.

7. wabashman

wabashman Active member

i just got a great business idea, and it will corner the entire market at that. I'm going to compile every tutorial, software tool, instructional video, anything and everything that will fit on a 4.7 gig dvd and label it as the xbox 360 flashing dvd. by simply putting this dvd into your pc, you can flash your 360. i wouldn't be false advertising with this statement as it would contain everything to mod it and show you how, it just wouldn't do the flashing itself. however, if i could write a program that would, that would be really awesome. charge like 3 bucks a piece for them.

but back to the topic, don't waste your money on the blaster, its not needed now as fw updates are not coming out every month as they were originally. also, if you do buy the elite and run into modding problems after you have researched it, don't be afraid to post on here for some help.

p.s. the FW can be downloaded from any of the torrent sites, or xbins. the fw is sorta the same. same version numbers, just wrote differently for different drives. also, flashing a core/premium/elite is the same process just depends on which drive you have. and benq in core would be flashed the same way a benq in an elite would.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  8. unkleal

unkleal Member

f*ck it i'd buy it :)

9. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

10. wabashman

wabashman Active member

dindi....most elites are benqs. however a small portion have the hitachi 79. saw some on 360drives.com when i was buying my last 360.

11. steimy

steimy Active member

wabashman is correct. Modding the system has nothing to do with which type of system you buy. the only real factor is which drive you end up with.

The Blaster 360 or Xeno TopGear would be a good investment only if you think that they will be having a few updates a year. Which right now they are not even close to. So i would really just save that money. Plus i am pretty sure by now you can find tutorials where people have found ways to run an SATA cable from the inside to the outside by cutting a small hole in the case. this way you open it once and you never open it again. I just can not remember exactly where i saw it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  12. wabashman

wabashman Active member

the way they ran the sata cable from the drive to outside the case was with a y cable i believe. saw one posted on here a long time ago, about the age of xtreme 3.0 ish i believe. if it wasn't with a y cable then they simply took a female to male cable from the original cable ran it outside the console, and did the same again form the first extension to the drive. thus allowing them to undo the connection and hook up a traditional sata cable from the drives extension to the PC.

13. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

well then i am mistaken but thanks for the info fellas