1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod chip comparisons

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Wulfie66, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

Hey guys, I know there are several people on here that have experience with the different mod chips out there, so I figured I'd post this. I currently have a v7 with a fliptop and swap magic. Unfortunately, alot of the newer games cannot be backed up properly for the ps7/fliptop combo, i.e. Splinter Cell and any of the others that do a double-check. So my question is this: Is there a reliable modchip out there that will allow me to play my backups of these double-check games?

2. Workshed

Workshed Guest

Messiah 2 Pro or DMS 3 are the way to go, both will let u play double check games. Magic 3.1 won't on v7 unfortunately.

3. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

Workshed,
    Have you had experience with both of those chips? I've read that alot of people are having problems with Splinter Cell and the DMS3.

4. Workshed

Workshed Guest

Sorry mate i've got a magic 3.1 but i'm pretty sure both the dms3 and messiah work ok with splinter cell (but thats not definate!) try doin a search on the forum for splinter cell and see what comes up.

5. djillini

djillini Regular member

The DMS3 works great with Splinter Cell.