1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOD-Chip Duo Se causes problems. Sinus-Sound, "no data"

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by TRompf, Aug 8, 2004.

1. TRompf

TRompf Member

Hey Folks!

I soldered a "Duo Se" ModChip to my PS2 (Version 7) and now ... it doesn't work like it should.

The PS2 starts up like always. I can play Audio CDs, but there is a noise in the music, as if it were an old musicasette.

I tried to play an original PS2-Game but the PS2 says, that it isn't an original DVD?!? (This red screen comes up which tells me to enter "real" DVD)

The most curious thing is, that I hear a sinus-sound of 1-2 Hz all the time.

I cut of the power of my modchip, now it's still this curious sound, I still have this noise with Audio-CDs and when I enter a PS2 game, he recognizes the DVD as an original DVD, but it says, that there is "no data" ...and returns to the browser-screen.

I checked all connections and the chip is well soldered.
    I red about rejusting the DVD-Lens, but I'd like to ask you before I do anything else. Maybe you know exactly wht it is. Who knows!

It also might be helpful, that I soldered 3 pins together, but were able to re-do this after several minutes, maybe this chip is damaged?

See there:

I soldered U,V and R togeher. Does these pins have anything to do with sound or so?

Thank you for reading, I hope you can help me

Tobias

2. SCMods

SCMods Guest

sounds like you have a solder bridge , most likely on the bios .

3. TRompf

TRompf Member

Hey,
    it wasn't a solder bridge.
    It was a "miss-placing" of the chip and all the wiring!

Thanks

4. jackthe3

jackthe3 Member

miss-placing? explain.

5. afex

afex Member

by misplacing do you mean you put the chip on top of other IC's instead of off to the side by itself?