1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod chip for ps2 slim

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mniekoe, Dec 28, 2004.

1. mniekoe

mniekoe Member

ok i have a ps2 slim version number scph - 70011 nad i want the best mod chip that there is i herd that that is the matrix infinity but i dont know it dosnt seem popular so ya if anyone could help me ou tthat would be perfect. Oh and is there any way to put in the chip with out voiding the warinty. Thx

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

there's matrix and also DMS4. Both are good options however, dms4 has a feature where it can play pal games in ntsc with the Y-fix... I don't know if the matrix can do that.

3. mniekoe

mniekoe Member

f people would like to post withc one they like better and why that would be nice.

4. JohnK81

JohnK81 Member

I know the matrix infinity doesnt need flashing to play backups, Im only modding mine for imports and im to lazy to use swapmagic

5. mniekoe

mniekoe Member

so what ones does everyone like

6. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

Well, I myself am thinking about pre-ordering one of those ~$75-$80 DMS4 E.Z.I "solderless" chips. However, I am slightly hesitant, because of the fact that no one has actually tried one yet (since it hasn't even come out yet!). I may just wait it out for a bit (I'll also wait out buying a PStwo slimline; I don't have a PS2 :-( )...

7. mniekoe

mniekoe Member

well i am think ofing geting the matrix infinity but i want to know if it is the best idea.