1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod chip help plz

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by shady78, Feb 22, 2005.

1. shady78

shady78 Regular member

i got xenium ice modchip and my xbox is version 1.5 i think serial number 6106341 43705 andi need help on how to install the chip to the xbox ive been looking all over and cant seem to find a guide anyware even though im sure there is so any help would be nice

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

go to Team Xodus's website...guides everywhere, you didn't search very well.

3. shady78

shady78 Regular member

well i got it all hookud up and in place and everything but just one question it still loads like normal xbox should this be right its not flashed or anything i just put it in place

4. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 Guest

5. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

Check all your points and everything. a couple of questions that will help troubleshoot: How did you mod it? (ie did you solder or solderless, besides the two pairs of points you had to solder), have you pressed and held the eject button when starting it or the power button to see if that would jump it on? is the safe mod switch or whatever it is off? (or lined up with the black figure, check the tutorial on xodus's site). Get back to us and we'll see if we can help you more.

Degalle

6. shady78

shady78 Regular member

nevermind guys screwed it all up now my box wont do anything it boots up and shuts itself off three times and then eject led turns red and stays there and nothing shows up on the tv at all so i ordered a pre modded xbox

7. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

dude that's fragging all that it's saying to you is that you points aren't good or you popped a trace easy as anything to fix, there's tutorials all over on how to do it. But I guess it's just your loss, sry that it happened but also sry that you aren't doing anything to fix it.

Degalle

8. shady78

shady78 Regular member

man i never said i wasent gonna try to fix it but im new to the modding and dont know what im doin and its prolly gonna take me a while to fix and im gonne go crazy without my xbox so ill just buy one ready to go for now then when i fix the other who knows maybe sell it or else ill have a backup just incase somthin happens again

9. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 Guest

Chill out. Nobody is bashing you here. Everyone here is willing to help out. Just ask, but make sure you do your research first, chances are somone has already asked the question.

10. halo478

halo478 Member

I think buying a premodded x-box is a big ripp off.

11. shady78

shady78 Regular member

this is what exzctly happened i have version 1.6 thought it was a 1.5 but it wasent so installed the pinheader turned motherboard over soldered all 5 wires
    to locations needed soldered in the d o and screwed in the ground but when i soldered the 5 wirese to the mother my kid hit my arm and i bumbed a whire and it started to pull up one of the gold wires on mother board can that be fixed

12. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Not really. Often the price is like $400-$500 because they changed the look, they've updated the fan, hdd, and the memory. All of that costs a lot.

13. shady78

shady78 Regular member

modchipman.com has premoded xboxs with xeniem ice or executer3 for 209 bucks nothing added but the chip

14. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 Guest

Some of the premodded ones will also have games installed on them. Its worth it if you don't want the hassle of doing it yourself, I guess.

15. shady78

shady78 Regular member

premode comes with games allready on them?
    where can you get one from Just Curious cause i dident know you could getem like that

16. mdsup

mdsup Guest

premods do not come with original xbox games...you might run into a premod with some homebrew games, but you will never see a online shop sell a xbox with games or roms on it...it is illegal for them to do so.

17. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 Guest

It may be illegal, but that doesn't mean they cant sell it. I just saw one today with 30 games.

18. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

lol, I just saw a thing on the news the other day about a guy getting busted for selling xbox's with games already installed on the harddrive. They pressed every charge they could think of against him.

19. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Go to http://teamxodus.com and read the ice guide about 100 or 200 times!!LOL, Read it and study it and you should have a smooth install. Get in the forums and read posts, ask questions, and browse all the guides. I can't stress this enough!! Hope it works for you man.

20. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Pre-mod is the way to go if you are wanting to avoid the installation!! But it doesn't compare to modding it on your own!!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005