1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOD CHIP Installation Service UK

Discussion in 'PS2' started by MOJ0J0JO, Nov 16, 2004.

1. MOJ0J0JO

MOJ0J0JO Member

Hi There,

Bought my DMS4Pro chip and proceeded to install it. While I'm not the worlds greatest when it comes to component soldering, I have done it before on an XBOX some time ago. However, the minis PSTwo is a different story as the print on the PCB get's very small indeed!!!!

I've got about half of the wires installed but dont think I can get any further, the area that looks like it's made up of columns of copper it very minute and beyond my ability.

My PS2 is still in perfect working order, does anyone know of a company in the UK that could finish off my installation for me? I've tried to contact Mr Modchips, but their contact number is a fax and theres no response from their e-mail.

HELP!!!

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Can't you use the slide Tool? As a chip wares dowwn the laser as it forces the laser to read the backup so it will eventually break. A mate of mine has had his fixed twice so I don't reccommend chips [unless they come with ketchup]

3. badandy

badandy Member

MOJ0J0JO,

Where do you live? There is someone at a computer fair off Tottenham Court Road in London that does it while you wait.

Andy

4. MOJ0J0JO

MOJ0J0JO Member

I'm not worried about the chip/laser issue. There are lots of spurious stories out there about lasers being ruined and they are fairly minimal in relation to the success stories. And the majority of laser problems I've read about are as a result of using the Magic chip.

From what I can see the DMS4 pro is the safest to use on the new slimline PSTwo. I have the slimline PSTwo so the slide card doesn't with it. I'm not really interested in using SWAP MAGIC though, I'd get a pain in the backside swapping stuff round all the time.

I think I've found an electrician that can do the fine-point soldering for me.

However, I have a NEW PROBLEM. There is very little space inside the PSTwo case, I barely had room to put the 9 or so cables I managed to solder in myself when the lid is closed. Does anyone know where the DMS4 Pro chip would go in the new slimline PSTwo?

Cheers